PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Montana and 2002 Chevy Tow Vehicle

lmf580
12-16-2018, 03:06 PM
I have a 2002 Montana 2955RL I just bought ,used. I was a little concerned about towing it with my 2003 Chevy 6.0, 2500 HD, (72,000 miles on it) only use it to tow. So far I haven't had any problems. The Chevy is a long bed 4x4 and handles the weight well. We do trips in N. Y., Mass, N Hampshire, Vermont. Before the 02 I had a 99 Montana 2850rk, it also towed well with the same truck.

Frank G
12-16-2018, 03:59 PM
You say you are retiring next year and you are not sitting on a pot of gold. Welcome to the rest of the real world. My first comment is to concentrate on the RV first then sort out the requirements for the TV. Here are a few things to consider, and you may not want to respond publicly. What kind of shape are you and the wife in? There are 4 steps into the unit and 3 steps into the upper portion. How much are you using the unit? weekends, longer or even full time. Are you going cross country or shorter trips? There are a lot of things to consider before you lay down your hard earned cash, you only get one chance to get it right, the next one is expensive. The Montana line-up meets all of the above requirements. I know of several people living out there retirement in Montana's. (It's there last and only home)

Things to consider, no matter what you buy you will loose 10 to 20% driving off the lot unless you are very lucky. This is not including Tax, dealer add on's, extended warrantee's, and under water insurance (should you need it).

Good Luck with your retirement, enjoy.

sourdough
12-16-2018, 06:30 PM
I don't know if you noticed but this thread is about 8 years old.....

rhagfo
12-16-2018, 07:19 PM
I don't know if you noticed but this thread is about 8 years old.....

Looks like it started today. The 5er and TV are a bit old.

sourdough
12-16-2018, 07:35 PM
Looks like it started today. The 5er and TV are a bit old.

Russ, I guess you must be right. When I pulled it up I would swear the original post said 2011....but then again, after puppy stuck her paw in my eye the other morning maybe I just can't see as well as I used to.:o I'll try to keep a better eye (singular) on things until I can see again.:) About to run out of eye antibiotic so hopefully things will "clear" up.:)

JRTJH
12-16-2018, 08:12 PM
This thread was originally posted in a 2011 thread. I moved it to its own thread to keep things "clean and up to date"...

No, you're not losing your mind, it was "over there" before it was "over here"....

sourdough
12-16-2018, 08:24 PM
Thanks John. I was heading to the shower and told DW that things were worse than I thought....can't see, can't remember.....she said if I thought that was all that was going south I was in worse shape than SHE OR I thought.:(

Badbart56
12-17-2018, 08:42 AM
John, you could have had a really good time with this.....:lol:

sourdough
12-17-2018, 09:03 AM

Ha! I had expected it. I worded it so that someone could poke and have some fun. :D

JRTJH
12-17-2018, 09:15 AM

Oh, I know, I know.....

But it was late at night, Danny's been through a lot this week with pup, eye injury, bacon wrapped shrimp and having to endure being in Florida (while some of us are looking at motorcycles on trailers and wishing).....

So, at his "gentle age" (I'm not far behind/if at all)..... I thought it best to just "fess up and let him off the hook".....

You're welcome, Danny <wink> :angel: