PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling vent doesn't start

Twiffer
12-16-2018, 10:58 AM
Overhead fan/exhaust issues - 2014 Montana High Country 318re

This morning I pushed the MaxFan on switch on the wall and the fan opened and started but very shortly closed and stopped. When I press the fan on switch, all it does is beep 3 times quickly and nothing activates. It has been raining a lot where where are but we live in our RV and really need that ventilation working for air quality. Any hints as to what might be happening? I will call the RV Tech tomorrow but thought I'd try here to see if there was something we could try to get it working.

JRTJH
12-16-2018, 11:11 AM
The rain sensor has water on it and "thinks it's raining" so it's closing the vent the way it was programmed.

Remove the inside plastic trim ring, use a hair dryer ON COOL to blow air across the rain sensor to dry it out, then push the button again. It should work like new. If so, replace the trim ring, if not, blow more air over the rain sensor.

ctbruce
12-18-2018, 08:37 AM
Also, if you don't have a cover over your vent, I'd suggest one. That will help keep the moisture out.

JRTJH
12-18-2018, 09:38 AM
The OP sent me a PM yesterday (I think it was) saying that the switch dried out and the vent fan is working normally now. Good to hear they didn't have to resort to paying someone to come out and "dry things after a rain"....