PDA

View Full Version : What does DW stand for?

keithbeeb
12-16-2018, 10:09 AM
Other than Dual Wheel what does DW stand for? I have seen several threads where members write "waiting on DW"..... or "the DW said"...… "DW and I went" ……
I'm thinking distinguished wife maybe.

JRTJH
12-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Typically, DW stands for "dear Wife" or "darling wife" sometimes, however, it could be "darn wife" or "deceitful witch" or ??????

You can find a partial list (it's ever evolving with today's thumb communicators) here: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449

kfxgreenie
12-16-2018, 12:05 PM
DW stands for Dish Washer.........

jsmith948
12-16-2018, 12:58 PM
DW stands for Dish Washer.........Nnnnnnoooooooo!!!!!

TLB
12-16-2018, 03:04 PM

Oh my :eek:

spade117
12-17-2018, 06:01 AM

LOL...Reminds me of an old joke:

Q: How do you turn a dish-washer into a snow-blower?

A: Hand her a shovel.

notanlines
12-17-2018, 06:22 AM
Spade, any chance you have a pillow and blanket on the couch? Your DW might arrange for it....you may need it.

FlyingAroundRV
12-17-2018, 11:04 AM
And that's when the fight started...

Old joke!

wiredgeorge
12-17-2018, 01:49 PM
If I didn't do the dishes I would have to learn to cook and operate the clothes washing thing out in the utility room.

vampress_me
12-17-2018, 05:48 PM
LOL...Reminds me of an old joke:

Q: How do you turn a dish-washer into a snow-blower?

A: Hand her a shovel.

Or there’s the other joke my younger brother-in-law loved when he was in high school and college. Believe it or not, he is now married with kids - and I love to remind him of this joke when his wife is around. Hehehehe!

Why does the bride wear white?

To match the stove and refrigerator.

KCSA75
12-17-2018, 06:20 PM
https://youtu.be/SqQgDwA0BNU

sourdough
12-17-2018, 07:13 PM

no, NO, NO don't do this!! I AM the guy with the magic table! I don't know how it goes but it's there, it just works....and I just keep piling crap on it and....there it goes! I was just sharing with DW that maybe I could let other folks use the magic table but....what? Hey...stop....what did I do? Ouch, let go of my ear! What the heck is this toilet bowl cleaner doing in my hand....I don't do that.... Oh,....I guess it wasn't magic after all.:( For those of you still thinking it might be magic....don't....:nonono:

vampress_me
12-17-2018, 08:19 PM

Yep. You men are all the same....:nonono:

notanlines
12-18-2018, 01:43 AM
"Yep. You men are all the same....:nonono: "

Hey, hey, hey! I resemble that remark!

Carrottop
12-18-2018, 08:11 AM
Ok. Really old wife joke. Wait let me look behind me and ensure the DW is not in the vicinity. Why do brides wear white on their wedding day??? To match the other appliances. :hide:

ctbruce
12-18-2018, 08:19 AM
Man, we are living on the edge!

keithbeeb
12-20-2018, 03:28 PM
Well, those were some interesting posts.

wiredgeorge
12-20-2018, 03:56 PM
Well, those were some interesting posts.

Not really... they are the result of PCS; that is Parked Camper Syndrome. Kind of a winter way to pass the time. Till their wives sneak a peak and put a lump on a head. :banghead:

trucker LOU
12-20-2018, 09:42 PM
One thing to take note of re: dish washing. In the history of homicide there are no cases of the husband being shot by his wife while his hands were in the dish water.----Lou----

kfxgreenie
12-22-2018, 02:46 PM
SOOOOOO what happens if one gets a Portable DW? Does one need a DW to go camping if he has a portable DW? With these new fancy racks on the back of the rv, one could strap a portable DW on, hook it up at the campsite and live in Harmony. Now that brings the next question, which DW do you pack? :D:D:D:D:D:D

sourdough
12-22-2018, 03:15 PM
SOOOOOO what happens if one gets a Portable DW? Does one need a DW to go camping if he has a portable DW? With these new fancy racks on the back of the rv, one could strap a portable DW on, hook it up at the campsite and live in Harmony. Now that brings the next question, which DW do you pack? :D:D:D:D:D:D

Ohhhh Henry, Henry, Henry! As these posts continue on this path I think you may have hit on something that will get you, and the rest of us, a bigger lump than the one wiredgeorge mentioned!!:hide: Portable DWs instead of the old "fixed up" DW? Whew! The hair on the back of my neck is already standing up...… I can already feel myself slipping on that slippery slope. Remember; Hell hath no fury like a woman......you can fill in the rest.:bow::bow::bow::bow::D:D:D

labman
12-22-2018, 08:38 PM
The Lord gave them different faces so us husbands can tell them apart....

Northofu1
12-23-2018, 05:16 AM
i didn't see ymmv on the list

DocP
12-23-2018, 06:19 AM
i didn't see ymmv on the list

From Cambridge dictionary:

"YMMV. also ymmv. written abbreviation for your mileage may vary: used, for example on social media and in text messages and emails, to mean that you understand people may have a different opinion or experience to yours"

Being an old fart myself, I admit that I had to look it up when I joined the forum!

Northofu1
12-23-2018, 06:24 AM
LOL Thanks, I'm a young old fart :D

kfxgreenie
12-24-2018, 09:29 AM
Ohhhh Henry, Henry, Henry! As these posts continue on this path I think you may have hit on something that will get you, and the rest of us, a bigger lump than the one wiredgeorge mentioned!!:hide: Portable DWs instead of the old "fixed up" DW? Whew! The hair on the back of my neck is already standing up...… I can already feel myself slipping on that slippery slope. Remember; Hell hath no fury like a woman......you can fill in the rest.:bow::bow::bow::bow::D:D:D

Santa sent coal for years here!