PDA

View Full Version : Furnace will not light

MrSkydriver
12-13-2018, 11:42 AM
2006 Keystone Challenger 29TRL. The furnace worked one day and not the next. It cycles like it is going to work but never lights...goes through a couple cycles trying to light but does not. Also, how do I access the furnace?

sourdough
12-13-2018, 11:58 AM
It should be behind the outside exhaust inside the unit. Probably behind a panel possibly with some sort of inlet grate for air intake.

AbHDToyHauler
12-13-2018, 02:01 PM
Any chance you opened the propane bottles really quick? That will sometime trigger the safety device and stop gas from getting to the applicances. If you just shut the gas valve and reopen slowly it should reset. Hope that's useful information.

sourdough
12-13-2018, 02:19 PM
I had a problem similar to yours at one time. It would run for one cycle but once it shut off it would just click, ignite, turn off. 3 times and it would stop. I could power down the control board and get it to run one cycle but that was it. Turned out to be a bad control board.

Ken / Claudia
12-14-2018, 12:15 PM
My did same as last post. The big problem is the unit needs removed and checked by someone who knows how to check the function of the board.
Get the inside cover off and look it over could be any number of things. As simple as not getting propane to other electronic parts.

Rastatt055
12-25-2018, 06:28 AM
When ours did the same thing I noticed there was no propane smell so I knew propane was not getting thru. I removed the fuel nozzle, cleaned it with compressed air, even though it looked clear. the furnace fired right up after that.
Our furnace is located under the fridge and was quite easy to work on. I am an aircraft mechanic so working on the furnace was easy for me.