PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting this?

Wing-in-it
12-09-2018, 08:14 AM
Thinking of leaving this forum because of unwanted pop up adds that block you from getting to this forum....here’s some screenshots.

And is it Malware? Please advise!

Bostongone
12-09-2018, 08:26 AM
Had that happen to me for maybe 5 to 10 logins. Seems after I closed or ignored them they finally timed out and went away. Have not had any reoccurrence in a week or more?

JRTJH
12-09-2018, 08:28 AM
I've never had pop-up windows like that associated with the forum. It's not a part of any advertising agenda from the forum. My guess is that you have some kind of "spy-ware/mal-ware" that you picked up at some site and it is generating pop-up windows. Have you run your anti-virus software scan tools and disabled all pop-up windows in your browser?

chuckster57
12-09-2018, 08:36 AM
I have gotten the same thing, only mine says "ATT customer" I am using an iPad so im not sure whats going on. I have "reset" my ipad twice and still get it once in a while. I clear cookies and history and it seems all is good for a random period of time. I no longer use my ipad for forum, I use my phone and Tap-a-Talk app. my laptop in the garage (windows 10) and Edge browser has never seen this. Wish I knew what it was.

Happy Dad
12-09-2018, 08:37 AM
I've never had pop-up windows like that associated with the forum. It's not a part of any advertising agenda from the forum. My guess is that you have some kind of "spy-ware/mal-ware" that you picked up at some site and it is generating pop-up windows. Have you run your anti-virus software scan tools and disabled all pop-up windows in your browser?

x2 Get malewarebytes free version and it should fix you right up.

ctbruce
12-09-2018, 08:54 AM
Also go to settings and turn off pop ups.

Wing-in-it
12-09-2018, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=JRTJH;318284]I've never had pop-up windows like that associated with the forum. It's not a part of any advertising agenda from the forum. My guess is that you have some kind of "spy-ware/mal-ware" that you picked up at some site and it is generating pop-up windows. Have you run your anti-virus software scan tools and disabled all pop-up windows in your browser?

I am using an IPad as well....and this is the ONLY forum that it happens on....

I am on 4 other forums.

Aggravating to say the least.

Wing-in-it
12-09-2018, 09:17 AM
Also go to settings and turn off pop ups.

That’s not it either, mine is off.

Just giving y’all a heads up.

JRTJH
12-09-2018, 09:31 AM
I'll ask the "Admin Staff" to take a look, but I don't know of anything this forum generates that would cause this type of pop-up.

ctbruce
12-09-2018, 09:34 AM
I would suggest adding (see what I did there?) an ad blocker. Others have reported in the past this has worked. Pick whatever free suits your taste.

Dhuhn
12-09-2018, 10:46 AM
I haven’t had this happen on this site but has had it happen on Montana owners site which is same format as this site. I use IPad when it happened hasn’t done it in a while, but when it does it’s very annoying.

FlyingAroundRV
12-09-2018, 01:04 PM
When browsing on my iPad, on this and every other web site, I turn java scripts off. Not only do they slow the browser to a crawl, they cause the browser (safari) to continually reload pages because "an error occurred on this page so it was reloaded". Disabling java scripts doesn't work on some sites. Some site won't work without java enabled. But I always start with is disabled and if the site won't run and I really want to use that site, I log on to it with my PC.

sourdough
12-09-2018, 02:07 PM
You've got zinged by something somewhere. I have never had those pop up from the forum. I do get some pop ups from other sites from time to time but it always seems like I have some kind of tracking software because they pertain to something I was researching generally. A malware scan should take care of it. I've used Malwarebytes with good success but even it sometimes has a problem. I did have their support staff clear some bad stuff one time years ago.

xrated
12-09-2018, 04:05 PM
I've got AdBlock running in a Chrome browser......never seen anything like that here. I'm with the others.....your computer has got something (malware) on it.

Logan X
12-09-2018, 04:40 PM
I get those sometimes too. I use my iPhone X. This is the only site it happens on

chuckster57
12-09-2018, 05:18 PM
I get those sometimes too. I use my iPhone X. This is the only site it happens on

Are you using the browser or an app? iPhone 6s+ and nothing, use the app

Logan X
12-09-2018, 05:27 PM
Are you using the browser or an app? iPhone 6s+ and nothing, use the app

I’m using the browser. I didn’t know there was an app. Haha

chuckster57
12-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Tap-a-talk

flybouy
12-09-2018, 05:40 PM
No issues on my pcs (Win 10) or with my Galaxy S9 note or MS Surface. The Ipad Air gets used infrequently by me (can't pry it away from DW) but few times I've used it no issue.

Janet H
12-14-2018, 10:50 AM
These popups are especially a problem for IOS users and are essentially ads. We have no way to disable them but clearing your cache and doing a restart should fix the problem. You typically see these when you've picked up a tracking cookie somewhere in your surfing....