PDA

View Full Version : Combi Cam

BigCajun
08-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Has anyone else installed Combi-Cams to baggage doors? Company stated that they fit RV's and according to their guidelines, I ordered 7/8 size, but cannot get the right fit. If you have experience with these, please let me know how you made them work. If I send them back, I eat the shipping and if I reorder, I pay it again. I did contact the manufacturer and they were not much help.:confused:

mhs4771
08-09-2011, 09:38 AM
I put them on our Montana with no problem, feel more secure than with the OEM locks that can be opened with any 751 key. Thought about just changing to new locks, but would have needed multiple keys to get into the storage compartments, real PITA. The Combi-Cam locks do need some lube, WD40 of something similar as they will get gummed up, even with the covers.

BigCajun
08-10-2011, 06:08 AM
What size did you use, 5/8 or 7/8? Did you have any issues getting the right fit?

Str8shooter
08-19-2011, 09:28 PM
When I learned every other camper used the 751 key for their cargo/basement doors and you can easily buy the key, I installed the Combi Cam locks. The 7/8 inch lock worked for me but one cargo door and the gen door located under the bedroom of the 5'er needs 1 1/8 inch locks.

For the large basement double doors on the entry side of the camper I used two Combi Cam locks, replacing the thumb latch lock near the bottom of the door. Makes the double doors slightly more secure. We all know however, if someone wants in there isn't much stopping them.

Good luck!