PDA

View Full Version : Leaky entry door windows

gregrc75
08-08-2011, 03:44 AM
I picked up my new 2011 Bullet Premier last tuesday and brought it home from the dealer. Yesterday it rained almost all day here in MA and I noticed on both entry doors there were drips of water coming down from the window frames. I'd rather not bring it back to the dealer ( 4 hours away) because of the drive and I have a trip planned for this weekend. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

Festus2
08-08-2011, 07:10 AM
We experienced the same thing while in a CG in our '08 Cougar 5th during a driving rainstorm. The next day, I checked the interior screws around the plastic frame and gave them a little extra turn. You need to be careful not to over-torque them -- if you do, the plastic frame will be drawn in too tight at each screw resulting in a wavy appearance to the plastic frame.
It has since been exposed to rain and hasn't leaked again but the rain wasn't coming in at right angles to the window pane either.
Not sure, but I think the window frame has a pre-formed foam gasket between the plastic frame and the window cutout rather than a silicone sealant.
If it does, the foam may be deteriorating and not making a water-tight seal.

gregrc75
08-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the information, it is very helpful. I will look into that today after work.

therink
08-08-2011, 03:43 PM
I noticed the same thing with my door window the last time I washed the rig. It has been on my to do list to check it out. I will see about snugging up the screws.
Thanks, Steve

5forcamping
08-09-2011, 04:34 AM
I also had this issue but we were still at the dealer (they insist on customers stay overnite on property and use/test everything so that it can corrected before you take it home). I took the water hose to every window & door and had the water coming in from entry door window frames. The tech applied a clear (silicone?) caulk on the frame where it touches glass and no more water.

gregrc75
08-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Stay overnight? That is a nice policy - get things corrected right away!

KanTC
08-10-2011, 10:24 AM
This website is obviously for purchasing RV replacement windows, but.......
it gives instructions (with photos) on removing/replacing existing windows, including those in the entry doors.

Info may be useful for trouble-shooting & repairs, etc.

http://www.easyrvwindows.com

Here's the page (pdf) for the entry door

http://www.easyrvwindows.com/images/EDWIN-Installation-Guide.pdf

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

hankaye
08-10-2011, 10:42 AM
KanTC, Howdy;

GREAT links....Thanks bud.

hankaye

gregrc75
08-10-2011, 01:15 PM
thanks for the link!!