PDA

View Full Version : New Ram 1500 Truck of the Year

sourdough
11-27-2018, 08:17 AM
I know there are many who are 100% devoted to "their" truck brand. This is not meant to sway or diminish the loyalty one feels toward their brand. I have owned all 3 brands and driven many trucks over the years. I am a "bang for the buck" kind of guy; I want the most/best I can get for my hard earned dinero.

In my work I had to drive Dodge trucks in the 80s and 90s - I hated them. Functional but that's about it and prone to mechanical problems. After they changed body styles and began improving the trucks I bought my first new Dodge truck; 2001 Ram 1500 Off Road, 5.9, 4x4, 4.10. Loved the truck, but, even though it was "off road" and had "limited slip", the first time I hit a section of deep sand I got stuck with opposite corners spinning...and the transfer case shifter just kept jumping out of engagement. That's when I bought my new 2002 Ram 1500....and I've had Rams since (they've gotten much better). A lot of stuff you didn't need or want to know but..... Here's the link (it's by motortrend which I have always discounted as a "tester" of 4x4s but for regular automotive stuff they're interesting);

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-trucks/ram-1500-is-the-2019-motortrend-truck-of-the-year/ar-BBQ8DuB?ocid=spartanntp

xrated
11-27-2018, 08:44 AM
I have no comment, except for....No Comment! :D

sourdough
11-27-2018, 08:59 AM
I have no comment, except for....No Comment! :D

:lol::lol::lol: You notice they didn't test a Ford, just referenced it...… Not saying they would have fared any better.....:D:hide:

Northofu1
11-27-2018, 09:21 AM
Hold steady Chevy and GMC drivers :horse: :whistling:

wiredgeorge
11-27-2018, 11:55 AM
Been hearing on the news that GM (Government Motors?) is having financial woes...
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7721675&page=1

Motortrend seems to think the F150 is the truck of the year (2018):
https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-f-150-2018-truck-of-the-year/

Not sure how much of the awards thing is for real or is hype. I drive a clunker so don't really follow this stuff as new trucks are so darn expensive I will never own one again. I have owned Ford pickups since the 80s when I came back from overseas. Just have...

flybouy
11-28-2018, 11:57 AM
The biggest "trend" I've noticed over the years with Motor Trend is the car of the year company is usually the one that has the most advertisements in the magazine. Coincidence ?

JRTJH
11-28-2018, 01:43 PM
The biggest "trend" I've noticed over the years with Motor Trend is the car of the year company is usually the one that has the most advertisements in the magazine. Coincidence ?

It's the same with which tires advertise most in Trailer Life or which trailer brand has the back page ad on this month's magazine..... It's strange to me how ADCO covers can be "named the best overall cover" by Trailer Life and and incidentally have 9 full page ads in the same issue that has the "Reader's Choice" for trailer covers.....

All about marketing ????

AbHDToyHauler
11-28-2018, 01:54 PM
Drive whatever you like. I prefer something that actually starts and gets me where i'm going. LOL

chuckster57
11-28-2018, 08:04 PM
All I can say is I’ve worked “on the side” on vehicles for 40+ yrs. I love Chevy’s

I’ve made A LOT of money from them ;)