PDA

View Full Version : accuslide pulley bracket problem

lyleg
11-27-2018, 07:01 AM
I have an 18 Coleman light lx with one slide. As far as I can tell coleman is now in the keystone family. Back in august, on day 2 of a 3 day trip, one of the slide pulley brackets popped 2 screw heads and dislocated upward. I was able to pull the slide in. Camping world provided an unsatisfactory fix in which they drilled out the two broken screws and replaced them with bigger screws. The problem is that the bracket appears to have been mounted wrong at the factory. It's tilted upward to the right, which shoves the pulley into the trim and misaligns the cables increasing their risk of rubbing other components. I really don't want to keep going back to camping world or a dealer at all. Has anybody relocated or replaced one of these brackets? Im not sure how big the plate is behind the wall and have even seen examples of a plate being attached to the wall for increased strength ad then attaching the bracket to that plate? The attached pic is post repair.

sourdough
11-27-2018, 08:27 AM
Others will chime in but to my thinking the location of the mounting plate has very little to do with the operation of the pulley. The important point is the location of the pulley in relation to the other pulleys and cables. Since the base pivots around the pulley shafts its orientation doesn't really alter where the pulleys are, its where you place the pulley shafts themselves and then you can orient the base so that it will hit the reinforced areas (if any) meant to mount it. In your case it does appear that the pulley location might be slightly too far inward but that may be just the picture.

lyleg
11-27-2018, 08:39 AM
It is high on the far right side essentially pushing it into the wood trim above. It is actually angled like it looks in the picture. It seems like its far enough off to cause the cables to rub somewhere and fray. I will include a pic. of the other side, which I consider to look normal in its position based on the accuslide installation manual.

sourdough
11-27-2018, 08:56 AM
If that pulley is actually touching the wood support that would be wrong IMO. What do the cables look like as the transverse the length of the slide left to right? Are they level or does the apparent rise on the crooked mounting actually cause the cables to be unlevel? Or, is the that support trim board possibly crooked? It appears the simple fix would be to lower the crooked mounting plate on the right side making it level - but that is from here.

slow
11-27-2018, 09:17 AM
If you follow the links in these threads, you will get to the fix I implemented: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35340