PDA

View Full Version : Black out shades

spettiner
11-26-2018, 05:46 PM
Any idea where to get some black out shades for our windows? I have 4 windows I'd like to install them on.

KeithInUpstateNY
11-26-2018, 05:54 PM
I made my own with black bath towels. For the windows with wooden upholstered valences I put a tension rod instead l inside the valance. For the bedroom I replaced the single valance rod with a double rod. I posted a pic in another thread, I'll see if I can find it.

KeithInUpstateNY
11-26-2018, 05:56 PM
Here is the wooden valance treatment.19425

Tbos
11-26-2018, 06:13 PM
The tension rod is a good idea. We use Velcro attached to thick black material. Often inside the valance there will be Velcro to attach it too.

sourdough
11-26-2018, 06:28 PM
Any idea where to get some black out shades for our windows? I have 4 windows I'd like to install them on.

This is tongue in cheek, but you could do like one of my employees did to one of our trucks......paint the inside of the windows black with the exception of a 4" strip so he could see...……………………...:facepalm::lol: Ok, back to regular programming...:)

Kfpd404
11-27-2018, 03:54 AM
MCD Innovations are what is in most rv,s

chuckster57
11-27-2018, 04:42 AM
MCD Innovations are what is in most rv,s

MCD is one brand of shades, but I can assure you they don’t have a corner on the market.

travelin texans
11-27-2018, 08:52 AM
Ours are from Irvine Shade Co. & work great with good customer service.

spettiner
11-27-2018, 09:23 AM
Thank you for the responses.

kjohn
12-02-2018, 03:16 PM
On our first 197 (no slide) I cut cardboard to fit the window opening. Well, it kept the light out. :lol:

On our second 197 and the 2017 Cougar we just hung a towel over the door window.

JackTyniec
12-09-2018, 09:01 AM
We have the silvered plastic bubble units on the two windows in the bedroom slide but for the large window I cut a large piece of cardboard to overlap a couple of inches on each side: painted both sides (brown to match color scheme) and then used brown duct tape around the edges. Works great and removes easily. We store it behind the sliding door.

BadmanRick
12-09-2018, 09:55 AM
Check Amazon.com for the following:
RecPro Black RV Roller Shades Blackout Window Cover for Camper and RV Blinds (32" W x 24" H)
They come in different sizes

Laredo240MK2015
12-09-2018, 06:02 PM
We just bought some black fleece material from Walmart and cut it to size. The fleece sticks to the valance without much trouble. Cheap and very effective.

JRTJH
12-09-2018, 06:12 PM
Just thinking out loud here, but I wonder if making some "quilted window covers" would kill two birds with one stone? They could be measured, hemmed and with Velcro dots, fitted to each window as desired. Put them on when the need for "blackout" is wanted and/or serve a needed service of helping insulate the single pane windows on cold evenings. They could be removed in the morning, after getting up to allow the sunshine in to warm up the trailer during the day and reinstalled on the windows as the sun sets (hopefully in the west) to insulate the windows again as things cool down. They'd be "at the ready" tomorrow morning, to help keep things dark until you're ready to get up and start the day......

jamtracy
12-09-2018, 06:31 PM
We were able to get our dealer to order/give us the MCD roller shades for all of the windows that didn’t have them.
3 in the front bedroom, hallway, 2 in the bunk room, and one in the rear bathroom. All of our windows have them.
The 2 doors have the blackout thin shades in then.

Randallf
12-09-2018, 08:39 PM
You can order them through camping world

corsavair1965
12-13-2018, 09:28 AM
when we were in a family dollar I saw some cheap black out shades for $5 each and used them for my bedroom windows. Got black ones that have an adhesive that sticks to top of window (think they were 36 in wide by 48 inch long and cut to fit). They really work great and could not beat the price.

Hideout Queen
12-14-2018, 07:17 PM
Just thinking out loud here, but I wonder if making some "quilted window covers" would kill two birds with one stone? They could be measured, hemmed and with Velcro dots, fitted to each window as desired. Put them on when the need for "blackout" is wanted and/or serve a needed service of helping insulate the single pane windows on cold evenings. They could be removed in the morning, after getting up to allow the sunshine in to warm up the trailer during the day and reinstalled on the windows as the sun sets (hopefully in the west) to insulate the windows again as things cool down. They'd be "at the ready" tomorrow morning, to help keep things dark until you're ready to get up and start the day......

Sounds like a great idea! I will try to make some after Christmas!