PDA

View Full Version : Fresh water tank

planesnut
11-25-2018, 04:38 PM
I am the happy owner of a 2010 Keystone Bullet premier. Tried to fill the fresh water tank for a recent trip and it seemed like it filled very quickly (water coming out the fill port). Has anyone ever had any experience with the tank collapsing? We usually don't dry camp, but I fill the tank just in case. This last weekend the DW was dry camping at a dog show up in Chandler AZ. She called me this morning saying the water level was getting low and she is the only one using the water. It has only been three days so something is amiss. Any Ideas?

chuckster57
11-25-2018, 04:50 PM
Did you just stick the hose end in the fill fort? Some units have an “uphill” portion to prevent water from splashing out during a hard turn.

This is very common on the Class C’s we sell and to overcome that issue, we use a 3 foot section of hose with the end cut off. Put that in the fill port and see if it helps.

Canonman
11-25-2018, 06:17 PM
Had the same problem. Bought one of these at Walmart:
https://www.campingworld.com/water-tank-filler-with-shut-off-valve?CAWELAID=120030630000008209&gclid=Cj0KCQiArenfBRCoARIsAFc1FqdRt2Xm1iujGh0Q2Lbk qZgiVojLpvXVXN3nNGW49bmx-tCm-3AGdeUaAlUkEALw_wcB
$3.00 and problem solved

chuckster57
11-25-2018, 06:38 PM
I have one of those in my tool box, it does work as long as the “hill” is small or close to the port. I’ve had some come from the factory with so much extra fill hose between the tank and port that after cutting it shorter, the removed piece was almost as long as what I left.

planesnut
11-25-2018, 08:52 PM
Thanks guys, I will give that a try when I get it home tomorrow, I'm heading up after the work traffic thins out.

planesnut
11-28-2018, 12:57 PM
Well, I bought the fill valve from Camping World and added a 2' piece of clear hose to make it about 3' long. Worked like a champ! Thanks for your help guys!