PDA

View Full Version : Reattaching keyless entry

CarKath
08-06-2011, 06:56 AM
I had to change the battery in my keyless entry. I am curious how others have reattached theirs to the trailer and how it worked out. I have thought about 2 sided tape or silicon.
Thanks in advance for any input.

Carl

pjhansman
08-06-2011, 08:01 AM
2-sided tape on mine.....also had to take it off to change the battery.

Cleaned off the residual glue and taped it back on.

chain_dogg
08-06-2011, 11:06 AM
I had to change the battery in my keyless entry. I am curious how others have reattached theirs to the trailer and how it worked out. I have thought about 2 sided tape or silicon.
Thanks in advance for any input.

Carl

Mine has never worked......Is the battery behind the keypad ? I did not find it from inside the acess on the inside

CarKath
08-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Yes, the battery is inside the keypad. Pull the keypad off trailer and clean up the back side. You will see 8 tiny screws you will need to remove. Then find yourself CR2032 battery and replace existing and reassemble.

I am concerned about how to fasten back to trailer, but as pjhansman says he has used 2 sided tape. I will probably do the same.

pjhansman
08-07-2011, 04:50 AM
I'm thinking I may add a small bead of exterior silicone around the keypad. Those screws are soooooooo small, I don't want them to get weathered in any way.

chain_dogg
08-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Yes, the battery is inside the keypad. Pull the keypad off trailer and clean up the back side. You will see 8 tiny screws you will need to remove. Then find yourself CR2032 battery and replace existing and reassemble.

I am concerned about how to fasten back to trailer, but as pjhansman says he has used 2 sided tape. I will probably do the same.

Thank you.....good to know