PDA

View Full Version : First Time RV'ers

aaeliwr
11-06-2018, 10:32 AM
Hello All,

We purchased our first ever RV a few months ago (Cougar 27SAB), have used it 3 times already, and we're having a blast with it.

Our tow vehicle is a Dodge Ram 2500 (6.7L Cummins) and it tows better than I expected. We're still getting used to driving in traffic and learning where we can/cannot fit this rig, but so far so good.

We did a lot of tent camping when we were first married and I remember making fun of people in pop-ups because that wasn't "real" camping. Then we had kids and bought a pop-up camper and we made fun of people in RV's for the same reason. And now that we're RV'ers, we are realizing that we need to be more careful of who we are making fun of :)

Any words of wisdom from more experienced RV'ers would be welcomed and appreciated.

flybouy
11-06-2018, 01:11 PM
Start making fun of class A owners!:lol:

Canonman
11-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Welcome!
Best advice we can give is go camping as often as you can and ALWAYS Take the Scenic Route!

JimQ
11-06-2018, 04:53 PM
Start making fun of class A owners!:lol:

Good one! Lol Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Cougar!

sourdough
11-06-2018, 06:04 PM
Welcome to the forum! Your progression is the same as ours. I thought I would be in a class A a few years ago because that was my goal. Thankfully I was able to give it a try and found that it wasn't my cup of tea. So, now you can make fun of those in Class As.