PDA

View Full Version : I-10 Arizona to Florida

AlaskaJeff
11-04-2018, 08:17 PM
Hi folks, I am thinking about traveling from the Phoenix area to Florida in late December. I have driven this route many times without the fifth wheel and am not impressed at all with going through Baton Rouge or Mobile. The roads are rough and narrow not to mention everyone is in a big hurry! Any tips on alternate routes? All info appreciated. Thanks.

roadglide
11-05-2018, 03:13 AM
I spent last winter Az and Nevada perfect winter weather , geographica my southern new Mexico weather is nice but southern Az is weather 8 degrees warmer . Personally I no desire to deal with Florida strange weather patterns and people . A change of scenery or bucket list maybe south Texas Big Bend area.

notanlines
11-05-2018, 04:43 AM
Jerry, "no desire to deal with Florida strange weather patterns and people" not many members step out and refer to the residents of an entire state (20 million) as "strange." You might want to think of ways to back that statement up....:D
Jim

roadglide
11-05-2018, 05:08 AM
I have friends that live there and go to bike week ride up and down the coast dodging traffic . It's about geographical location and convenience to escape the brutal weather . OP had a good question comeing from Az in the winter if he looking to escape snowbirds I don't have answer. My alternative is big bend . I have a better word it's called jack up folks . That is hear say and I'm not going to reinforce friends thinking