PDA

View Full Version : Smells in the ToyHauler garage

Dieselpump
10-28-2018, 08:06 AM
I have a 2018 Fuel 335 kith a 13ft garage. Recently I hauled my Polaris ranger with a leaking gas tank. The gas dripped on the rubber floor on approx 3x3ft area. As soon as I got home I saw the gas, poured dry sweep on the area, swept it up, then put Dawn soap and water on the entire floor. I opened the windows, doors and aired it out for 2 days. I can't get rid of the gas smell. Any ideas on getting rid of the smell?

ctbruce
10-29-2018, 03:20 AM
Gas smells are some of the hardest to get rid of period interested in following what others have to say. Good luck I wish I could be more help.

roadglide
10-29-2018, 03:41 AM
I got old gas can from dad that had old lacquer gas leak out on to the carpet of my GF car . It took about to months of deodorant sprays airing out with fan .

flybouy
10-29-2018, 04:02 AM
Only remedies other than replacing saturated surfaces that I'm aware of are ozone generator, carbon pellets or crushed carbon, open unit and run fans (slowest method). I'm guessing more knowledgeable people will chime in.

xrated
10-29-2018, 04:50 AM
Ahhh, the smell of gasoline in the morning.....makes me want to go racing! :lol:

Sorry, I have nothing to offer on getting rid of the smell.

rhagfo
10-29-2018, 05:06 AM
Only remedies other than replacing saturated surfaces that I'm aware of are ozone generator, carbon pellets or crushed carbon, open unit and run fans (slowest method). I'm guessing more knowledgeable people will chime in.

Coffee grounds work for stinking refers, might help for your gas issue. Even if it doesn't no harm on foul.

Pull Toy
10-29-2018, 04:02 PM
According to Siri, and Bob Villa, maybe,... Baking Soda, white vinegar, and water in equal parts, with a scrub brush?

Good Luck!

Dieselpump
11-06-2018, 08:38 AM
I appreciate everyone's ideas and suggestions. After a week with dawn soap scrubbed into the floor and airing out, the gas smell is gone. I'm happy now.

travelin texans
11-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Open a bag of charcoal & dump into a large disposable aluminum baking pan & sit in the garage.

Wing-in-it
11-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Rub a skunks backside on it....that’ll fix it! :cool::lol:

Seriously I’m glad you got it done....:)