PDA

View Full Version : Buying decision

Panhead
08-04-2011, 08:02 AM
After months and months of shopping and research I have come to the conclusion that Keystone trailers of all brand names are off our list. I have looked on many forums from many many brands as well as forums that are not brand specific. Though there are problems stated with other brands, the level of dissatisfaction with Keystone seems to me to be higher than others. Over all build quality is not what their competitors offer.

Conversely, Forrest River seems to have an overall satisfaction rate not only with the product itself but with the after sales service and factory involvement. As an example I have been able to interact directly with factory executives from both Wildcat and PrimeTime in their respective forums. I can't even find an email address to communicate with Keystone.

Adios Keystone :(:(:(:(

Just my $.02

Steve

28Bunkhouse
08-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Sorry to hear that, I found just the opposite.

Me.Bikes.Dogs
08-04-2011, 10:21 AM
Alrighty then. Whatever you get...enjoy! I'm thoroughly enjoying my Keystone Raptor 300MP.

Outbackmel
08-04-2011, 10:21 AM
and thus your nickname ;) Bye, bye. Maybe, just maybe, you should have read more interaction; consumer reports from actual consumers vs polls. Many of us are pleased with our Keystone built RV's. I have owned 2: 2005 TT and 2011 fifth wheel. Only minor issues.

I once owned a Bayliner 28'cruiser. Loved it. Great lake boat. Never a major issue. All complainers and gripes regarding the product were from non boat owners or those with a champagne taste and beer pocket book. Of course I would have preferred a SeaRay. BUT, we had 5 great summers.

Wish you all the best. We'll we traveling while you continue your research.

antiqfreq
08-04-2011, 10:49 AM
And you joined the forum just to tell us that ?

okay...............

2011 keystone
08-04-2011, 11:38 AM
And you joined the forum just to tell us that ?

okay...............

Some people have nothing better to do.

Festus2
08-04-2011, 11:53 AM
If you would like to interact directly with the Keystone factory executives, try calling them on this toll free number: 866-425-4369. At first, you may get just a lowly receptionist but if you mention your name, I am sure she/he will immediately put you through to the CEO's.
Based on what your research told you about Keystone and its products, I thought your post would have concluded with a 5-frown rating. Disappointed to see just 4 frowns. :(
I guess a 90% favourable rating of Keystone products by our members doesn't quite measure up to your expectations and I hope that whatever RV you do end up buying is able to meet your standards.
:wave:

forest376
08-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Loving my Keystone!!!!!!!!

therink
08-04-2011, 12:26 PM
No comment ;)

jq1031
08-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Get a life, no one really gives a s..t what you buy or why you buy it. We are happy so go do something to your self!

badge4
08-05-2011, 02:46 AM
Panhead, let me leave you with this thought, perhaps the higher number of complaints pertaining to Keystone than other brands is that Keystone is more popular that the other brands and therefore the number of complaints might be more in number but the percentage of happy Keystone campers are still higher. Oh and by the way I am one of many happy Keystone campers.

Txoutback
08-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Conversely, Forrest River seems to have an overall satisfaction rate not only with the product itself but with the after sales service and factory involvement. Steve

LOL I guess you haven't delt with DeMontrond in Houston yet if you think this is true. Ask around. Good Luck with that.

Statistically speaking, Keystone has more units in service so this could have skewed your research. But regardless it's your time and money. For the price I'm more than happy.

Stop by if/when you ever get to the CG and let me know how this worked out or ya.
Dave

kenn209
08-05-2011, 07:08 AM
I have talked with Keystone twice already through email. And both times got very quick response and issues were taken care of. i too was skeptical about our Cougar fifth wheel but we love it! Didn't like the Wildcat interior cabinets finish, too bland.