PDA

View Full Version : Reliable tires on a new trailer !!!

JRTJH
10-23-2018, 10:27 AM
I was at the Memphis Bass Pro pyramid yesterday and saw that they have boats and pontoons parked around the parking lots, probably as a "sales incentive"... As we were leaving, there was a Bass Pro pickup with two service techs hitching a "tri-toon with a 150HP Mercury outboard to their truck. All 4 tires were flat, they towed it on the flat tires to the back of the pyramid. While I can't say they won't change out the tires for new ones, I'd suspect that when that boat and trailer are sold, the new owner will be back for warranty service on his tires within the first couple of weeks......

We all "know in our cotton picking hearts" that would never happen at any RV dealership !!!!! :hide:

Ken / Claudia
10-23-2018, 11:57 AM
Back in 2003, I purchased a 28ft TT to park on beach property as a guest house. I picked out a 2002 close out model and noted a flat tire (near flat) another real low. Picked it up a week later. The dealer had moved it from the back lot to the service area for detailing, then to the pickup place.
It still had a flat tire. They finally aired it up, just that one. I took delivery and drove to a tire shop ASAP about 5 miles away. I paid for metal stems and inspections of each tire. They said the tire that was flat was low along with another. No damage found. I got it to the coast 120 miles away. There it sat til 2008 when sold. I warned the new owner to get new tires. Alway wonder if he even got new tires before using it. I doubt it the, tires looked good.