PDA

View Full Version : Water pump not turning on

oldcow
10-23-2018, 08:49 AM
2013 outback 300rb water pump not turning on. It was working a few days ago but has been under freezing last couple of nights. I checked the fuses and I assume since it's the bedroom near the front that is the one I should check? I have a heater on the pump now to see if it may be frozen?

Oldcow

JRTJH
10-23-2018, 10:17 AM
There may be an inline fuse on the red wire going to the water pump. Some have one, some don't... Check for the "water pump" fuse in the 12 VDC fuse panel inside the power center door. It is located away from the water pump on most trailers, but might be "next to it" on some floorplans. It will likely be a blue 15 amp fuse. The panel looks like this once you open the door. If you have 50 amp service, the AC breakers may look different, but the DC fuse panel should be the same.

KCSA75
10-23-2018, 03:10 PM
Do you have a switch to turn on the pump? If so, did you turn it on?

I ask because I was winterizing our Cougar this past weekend and couldn't get the pump to work. Finally, after checking fuses and a more than a few choice words, DW asked "did you turn on the pump at the console?"

oldcow
10-25-2018, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the replies. Both responses above checked out ok. I put the heater on the pump and all is good. Simple case of frozen pump, a first for me. This is our last weekend before storage, in New Glasgow PEI.

Oldcow

Canonman
10-25-2018, 11:06 AM
Nothing like "Life in the Great Frozen North":D

oldcow
10-26-2018, 04:47 AM
Nothing like "Life in the Great Frozen North":D

Indeed there is not. Until 2023 when I retire and never have to see it again in the winter :D

Oldcow

JRTJH
10-26-2018, 05:31 AM
Indeed there is not. Until 2023 when I retire and never have to see it again in the winter :D

Oldcow

Once you retire, your entire perspective on "cold weather" will change dramatically.... Now, it's get up, shovel, shower and "go out in that crap" to get to work......... After retirement, it's get up, pour a cup of coffee, look out the window at those who are "shoveling to get ready to go out in that crap to get to work", pour another cup of coffee and sit down to read the paper....

There's a BIG BIG difference in "gotta go out" and "later is soon enough"...... Still, it's nice to get away, but the snowy cold is not nearly as painful after retirement..... YMMV