PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here

arcticsirc0493
10-22-2018, 02:45 PM
Hello! Never RV'd and am turning a 7 x 14 utility trailer in to a camper for my wife and I to travel the US in. Excited to learn the tricks of the trade and get valuable advice from you all.

bob91yj
10-22-2018, 03:12 PM
There is a treasure trove of information here, but mostly just for Keystone built production trailers. I'm sure there will b a lot of information that will cross over to your build plans. Good luck!

Watch the weight on your build. In addition to my travel trailer I have a 24' enclosed car hauler that I cram a rock crawling Jeep, tools and parts into. It's amazing how fast weight adds up.

arcticsirc0493
10-22-2018, 03:16 PM
Great to hear and thanks for the info

sourdough
10-22-2018, 06:49 PM
I think most of us would be interested in what the plans are for a 7x14 trailer to live in??

notanlines
10-23-2018, 03:38 AM
Danny is correct. We ARE interested in your plans. We had a 7.5 x 16 to camp and haul the bike/sidecar. Let us hear about your work and your travel plans.

Local150
10-23-2018, 06:01 AM
Welcome newbie,, you have came to the right place to learn

arcticsirc0493
10-23-2018, 08:02 AM
The plan for the layout is to put the shower/ toilet in the front in the V nose with kitchen (stove/ sink) opposite side door and bed in the back. We are building a wall between the bed and the ramp door to have our "garage" there. Also trying to be off grid with solar and propane and have 1" insulation all around. We'll be doing most of the work ourselves also, so excited to learn more about RV life do's and don'ts and have this forum to help with questions. We'll be documenting it all and posting on our IG: @living.la.vida.boca.2009 if anyone would like to see pics when we start working on it.

What do you guys feel are worth investing in for the build vs saving money? I think most of us would be interested in what the plans are for a 7x14 trailer to live in??

arcticsirc0493
10-23-2018, 08:05 AM
Danny is correct. We ARE interested in your plans. We had a 7.5 x 16 to camp and haul the bike/sidecar. Let us hear about your work and your travel plans.The plan for the layout is to put the shower/ toilet in the front in the V nose with kitchen (stove/ sink) opposite side door and bed in the back. We are building a wall between the bed and the ramp door to have our "garage" there. Also trying to be off grid with solar and propane and have 1" insulation all around. We'll be doing most of the work ourselves also, so excited to learn more about RV life do's and don'ts and have this forum to help with questions. We'll be documenting it all and posting on our IG: @living.la.vida.boca.2009 if anyone would like to see pics when we start working on it.

What do you guys feel are worth investing in for the build vs saving money? What was your layout?

arcticsirc0493
10-23-2018, 08:06 AM
Welcome newbie,, you have came to the right place to learnThank you!

spade117
10-23-2018, 09:18 AM
Welcome. Feel free to share pictures as the process progresses.