PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed heated underbelly and water

MarknLeanna
10-21-2018, 08:12 AM
Bought a new 2018 Keystone Cougar. Full timed in it for six weeks. Getting ready to return home noticed pass thru storage compartment was wet. Took to a Dealer for warranty repair and expressed concern about water in the enclosed underbelly. Answer; not a problem. Dealer fixed leak by puttying the shower drain. Is this underbelly water a problem?

JRTJH
10-21-2018, 08:44 AM
It's impossible to guess where a leak in an RV originates or where it might drip into the underbelly. To the point, any fitting, any pipe, any drain, any appliance that uses water, any wall, any molding, any rain gutter (the list goes on and on) might be the cause of a leak of pressurized, waste or rain water that eventually finds its way into the underbelly.

If the dealer says he found it, fixed it and it's not a problem, then unless you find water there again, you've more or less got to believe him.

MarknLeanna
10-21-2018, 09:08 AM
Thanks John. Unfortunately just found more water. The good news - seems to be a lot less water! I am tempted to just just get over it and solve the problem myself. Just read a post wondering if this is all worth it. I believe it is and I can do better by doing it myself!

chuckster57
10-21-2018, 10:34 AM
Thanks John. Unfortunately just found more water. The good news - seems to be a lot less water! I am tempted to just just get over it and solve the problem myself. Just read a post wondering if this is all worth it. I believe it is and I can do better by doing it myself!

Often times that’s true. As a tech, I can tell you the factory only allots a very short amount of labor time to diagnose the problem. Often times it’s 1/2 hr or less and it can take that long just to remove stuff to inspect. Then it’s wait for authorization for repair....