PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a TV on the outside

TG10894
10-21-2018, 07:40 AM
I would like to mount an external TV mount for my Cougar 21 RBS on the outside wall under the awning. I have a new articulating arm that fits the existing inside mount, so I now have an articulating mount with two "receivers" that I can mount inside and outside. The thought being that I could move the TV outside if I wanted to and use the existing external cable & AC outlet. Its a small 28" TV so its no big deal to move the TV and articulating arm around. PIC of receiver below.

Question - Is there a good way to mount something to the external wall? There is no "install TV here" decal, so I would need to find a stud in the wall and NOT hit anything else. I could seal the holes with sealant, but I need to make sure I get the screws into something solid.

TLB
10-21-2018, 02:17 PM
I too am mounting a TV outside and wondered about stud location until one humid morning the trailer decided to show me were they were located.
You can always tap on the side and listen for the difference in sound.

Frank G
10-21-2018, 02:31 PM
For what it is worth you may want to do a trial run before you drill those holes. Our Laredo came with a TV in the outside kitchen, thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread... You can hardly see the thing when the sun is out even in the shade. we hardly ever use it. It can be annoying to your neighbors, the only exception is "Game Time" and you and your buddies are cracking a few cold ones.:whistling:

66joej
10-21-2018, 02:36 PM
For what it is worth you may want to do a trial run before you drill those holes. Our Laredo came with a TV in the outside kitchen, thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread... You can hardly see the thing when the sun is out even in the shade. we hardly ever use it. It can be annoying to your neighbors, the only exception is "Game Time" and you and your buddies are cracking a few cold ones.:whistling:

^ What Frank said. Tried it in the previous 5er. The tv has to be in the shade or we couldn't see it.