PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with entry door.

sandy43
10-19-2018, 06:31 PM
Can the entry door on my Alpine be adjusted? The upper left corner (standing outside view) is slightly scraping the door frame when closing. Lots of screws holding the door and I'm not sure which one's to adjust, assuming it can be adjusted. I really need to fix this. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

flybouy
10-19-2018, 06:40 PM
Any chance you could post a picture of the door? It may help in understanding the issue and get you more responses.

chuckster57
10-19-2018, 06:41 PM
Is it scraping the door frame or the rain rail? In either case if it’s “just touching”, then a rag covered block of wood and a rubber mallet will fix it right up.

If it’s dragging on the rain rail, then you can remove the screw at the edge of the rail and then move it up slightly. Again a nice tap on the rail should lift it enough to use the original hole in the rail and a new hole in the frame.

If it’s dragging on the frame, then you can either wack it harder with the block of wood and rubber mallet, or file the edge of the door. We have had LIMITED sucess with using the block/hammer method on the hinges.

sandy43
10-20-2018, 12:09 PM
chuckster57,
It was scraping on the door frame. Combination of wood/hammer and a good file did the trick. A timely process in fixing it. Thanks so much for your response to this issue.