PDA

View Full Version : Sanitize/Winterize Function?

Tbos
10-19-2018, 06:38 AM
Does the sanitize winterize function in my convenience center suck fluid into the FW tank or just the lines. For Sanitize I’d like it to go to the tank but for winterize I’d like it to just do the lines. Any ideas. Thanks 18979

PARAPTOR
10-19-2018, 07:20 AM
Interesting have not seen a switch selection for sanitize. In general think most of us use clorox to sanitize the fresh water tank and then pump that solution through the lines, then follow that with a clean water flush.

Winterize section pulls antifreeze from the bottle into the lines and not the fresh water tank

Tbos
10-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Interesting have not seen a switch selection for sanitize. In general think most of us use clorox to sanitize the fresh water tank and then pump that solution through the lines, then follow that with a clean water flush.

Winterize section pulls antifreeze from the bottle into the lines and not the fresh water tank

Any idea on the dry camping position of the switch? Would it be to suck water into the tank?

chuckster57
10-19-2018, 12:11 PM
Looking at the picture:
City is pressurized water source to the plumbing
Tank is to fill the fresh tank
Dry camping is using the water pump to pressurize the plumbing

Tbos
10-19-2018, 02:35 PM
The Alpine rep just sent me the pdf about the valve. You are correct on how it works. My next question is how do I get a sanitizing solution into the tank? Sanitize/winterize pumps into the lines but not the tank. Any ideas?

JRTJH
10-19-2018, 04:33 PM
The Alpine rep just sent me the pdf about the valve. You are correct on how it works. My next question is how do I get a sanitizing solution into the tank? Sanitize/winterize pumps into the lines but not the tank. Any ideas?

Fill the hose with the desired amount of Clorox, attach it to the city water connection, turn on the water and select "fill tank" on the selector valve.... That will push the Clorox into the tank.

Tbos
10-19-2018, 06:06 PM
JRTH, thanks. That is a good idea. Some times the obvious escapes me. That is why I love this Forum. Thanks for the help.

flybouy
10-19-2018, 06:43 PM
JRTH, thanks. That is a good idea. Some times the obvious escapes me. That is why I love this Forum. Thanks for the help.

Wear old clothes when you go playing with the bleach bottle. Seems like that stuff just targets your favorite shirt and jeans.:facepalm:

GHen
10-20-2018, 06:40 PM
I have a hose about 4’ long to use with the sanitize or winterize selection. Under sanitize I mix the bleach solution in a 5 gallon fresh water can, put the hose in and the pump pulls the water out of the can into the tanks. Works the same way when camping and I run out of water, hose into the can with fresh water and it sucks it into the tank.

Tbos
10-20-2018, 07:03 PM
I have a hose about 4’ long to use with the sanitize or winterize selection. Under sanitize I mix the bleach solution in a 5 gallon fresh water can, put the hose in and the pump pulls the water out of the can into the tanks. Works the same way when camping and I run out of water, hose into the can with fresh water and it sucks it into the tank.

From the info I received on the valve I didn’t think the sanitize winterize function pulled into the tank. Just the lines.