PDA

View Full Version : Crooked pic help

Getn off
10-16-2018, 05:59 AM
Cant understand why all my pics end up sideways. I have tried rotating them and saving, but they just get posted the other sideways direction. Even tried saving all 4 axis'! The pics are all taken from my phone vertically. I am not very techi. Obviously!
Is there a way to fix this? Happens EVERY time.
Troy

Getn off
10-16-2018, 06:01 AM
An example...

Getn off
10-16-2018, 06:20 AM
Hmmm. Maybe a height vs width issue??? All I did was crop it so it was wider than tall and it seems to work. But all my pics do this...
Troy

flybouy
10-16-2018, 06:47 AM
Most people take phone pics landscape instead of portrait. Seems like the forum will only insert pics in a landscape orientation. Landscape orientation is the default for cameras (both film, digital, and movie) as well as television.

Getn off
10-16-2018, 07:23 AM
But why does it flip it another 180* if I edit my pic and post it 90* off? No matter how many times I edit and save the pic rotated the same direction 90*, it always posts the pic on 1 side or the other, never correct. Seems that if I saved it sideways, and it likes landscape, it would work. Makes no sense to this feeble brain!
Troy

fjr vfr
10-16-2018, 07:33 AM
Did you post them from your phone or down load them to the computer before posting?

Snoking
10-16-2018, 07:48 AM
Did you post them from your phone or down load them to the computer before posting?

What ^^^^ asked!

Getn off
10-16-2018, 07:49 AM
I have tried both. Usually mail them from my iphone to ipad and then download/upload whatever! Lol
Btw, what year vfr do u have? Miss my '06, but have a '14 now, as well as a Busa and M109R.
Troy

flybouy
10-16-2018, 07:52 AM
But why does it flip it another 180* if I edit my pic and post it 90* off? No matter how many times I edit and save the pic rotated the same direction 90*, it always posts the pic on 1 side or the other, never correct. Seems that if I saved it sideways, and it likes landscape, it would work. Makes no sense to this feeble brain!
Troy

The red part has me confused, :confused:not sure what you mean. Landscape means the picture width is greater than the height. Just rotating the portrait picture doesn't accomplish this unless you crop the image so that the width is greater than the height.

Hope this helps. If you can't figure it out find a grandchild or a neighbor's kid to show you.:cool:

Getn off
10-16-2018, 08:12 AM
What I am trying to say is when I post a pic, it gets posted on its side (rotated 90* cw). So I exit the pic and rotate it 90* ccw and save. Then I post my new crooked pic and when it posts it displays on its other side...180*! I have tried saving it on all 4 axis' and every time it posts it is sideway.
I thought when I edited it to 90*, it would now be portrait. Guess not. Sounds like I need to make sure every pic is wider than it is tall to post on this forum. Very tedious. For me anyway.
Again, I frequent many forums and only have problem here. None of the others do this...and I have used the same pics too, from my same phone and iPad!
Daughter is 19. She had no use for this ole man! Haha
Thanks for the help gents.
Troy

Getn off
10-16-2018, 08:14 AM
....another test. Pic is vertical.

Getn off
10-16-2018, 08:17 AM
...possible last test. Pic is horiz...

Getn off
10-16-2018, 08:19 AM
I feel like my brain is about to explode! But guess I learned the cause. Thanks!
Geez, and I fly Airbus' for a living!
Still not sure why it is only this site. Meh.
Troy

gkainz
10-16-2018, 08:55 AM
Test upload from macbook, Photos, using Advanced Reply, Manage Attachments, Upload Photo.

First pic is landscape orientation on Photos

2nd pic is portrait orientation on Photos

So, same thing here ... and I don't fly Airbus' ... so THAT'S not it! :)

Getn off
10-16-2018, 09:01 AM
Haha! Always wonder!
Just curious why its only this site now.
Troy

bobbecky
10-16-2018, 07:10 PM
I think the issue is Apple to Windows. Any photo I take, usually with my iphone, and ultimately post has been processed through a Windows photo editing program, saved to my Windows computer, and then when needed, uploaded to a post, and never is posted sideways. I do not know why this is the case, but it seems to happen a lot.

ctbruce
10-17-2018, 03:02 AM
Not promoting but from your phone use Tapatalk. Never a problem.

Getn off
10-17-2018, 05:54 AM
Thanks Bruce, but I am sure there are all sorts of apps and whatnot, but I am so not techie. I can barely turn on my phone.
Troy

gkainz
10-17-2018, 09:46 AM
I agree that tapatalk seems to handle pictures correctly. The odd thing, as Troy noted, this doesn't seem to happen on other forums or boards. My landscape and portrait mode photos display normally on my MacBook and on any other board I post pictures on ... except here.

Getn off
10-17-2018, 11:43 AM
Well, I guess I can live with it since i now understand hiow to fix it each time. Might try tapatalk if i get frisky!
Troy