PDA

View Full Version : Awning lights don’t work

Ken48
10-14-2018, 07:08 AM
Just got a new 2018 Cougar HT 32dbh and having problems with getting the awning rope light to turn on....doesn’t seem to have a switch for the lights. ??? So I assume they are burnt out on the first trip trying out the awning... traveled from Maine to KY to pick up the unit... disappointed that the dealer said it had a 20 foot awning and it is only 12 feet long if that...door to the bunk room didn’t fit right and I had to install shims to get the latch to work... not all that happy with how it is put together

Canonman
10-14-2018, 08:04 AM
Did they ever work? I'm going to guess they were missed during the PDI since you can't find the switch. We found our switch in the control center marked "Pendant". Didn't make sense but but that's what it was labeled.:facepalm:
You also might check your remote (if equipped). You might be able to operate the awning light that way, but I agree there should be a switch.

flybouy
10-21-2018, 11:37 AM
Just got a new 2018 Cougar HT 32dbh and having problems with getting the awning rope light to turn on....doesn’t seem to have a switch for the lights. ??? So I assume they are burnt out on the first trip trying out the awning... traveled from Maine to KY to pick up the unit... disappointed that the dealer said it had a 20 foot awning and it is only 12 feet long if that...door to the bunk room didn’t fit right and I had to install shims to get the latch to work... not all that happy with how it is put together

Just curious why you bought the unit in KY? You passed a bunch of Keystone dealers along the way.