PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Crossfire winterizing

Campbun
10-13-2018, 02:32 PM
Hello everyone! We got our first camper this year, 2018 bullet crossfire 2200bh. I need to winterize it but I need some direction. i have no idea where the water pump is.

66joej
10-13-2018, 02:56 PM
Hello everyone! We got our first camper this year, 2018 bullet crossfire. I need to winterize it but I need some direction.

Lots of threads on here and check YouTube.
Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.

Campbun
10-13-2018, 02:58 PM
Yeah I have looked but I can't find anything on my model.
Thank you.

RagingRobert
10-13-2018, 03:16 PM
Turn the pump on and listen...there will be an access near by. As @#2 said...plenty of info here and on u-tube on the process.

66joej
10-13-2018, 03:24 PM
Yeah I have looked but I can't find anything on my model.
Thank you.

Winterizing is not model specific. Drain tanks, Isolate HWT and drain, Blow out lines with low pressure (30-40 psi) compressor attached to city water inlet starting at closest faucets, Close when only air comes out, Disconnect compressor, Pour RV antifreeze into drains. Usually a 30 minute procedure. Leave all valves open to allow for expansion of any water still in the lines. Also drain tanks again.

66joej
10-13-2018, 04:09 PM
Forgot to add make sure breaker for HWT is off.

ctbruce
10-14-2018, 04:21 AM
Dont forget the toilet and valve. Outside shower too if you have one.

robert.pheasant
10-21-2018, 11:29 AM
2019 2200bh.. located up front in pass thru compartment.. driver side (non campside). I hope this helps. I'm trying to figure it out how to winterize, too. I "THINK" I will need an adapter with hose to connect to pump to draw antifreeze, but not sure, fully.

RagingRobert
10-21-2018, 01:43 PM
The process of winterizing your RV is simple but you need to do it right. Y-tube/Goggle showed me how to do it. Yes you need an adapter hose to connect to your water pump to fill the system with antifreeze...some RV's have one ready to go. I did mine recently for the first time. I bought the proper "Sureflo" fitting from amazon and some clear hose from Home Depot. Watch videos and ask more questions here. It's not that hard...remember to by-pass your hot water tank via valves behind your hot water tank so you don't fill it with antifreeze. I blew out all the lines first with a compressor set at 30 psi then set up the jug of antifreeze turned on the pump let the system and opened each faucet one at a time until antifreeze flows out. You'll also need a fitting for the compressor if you want do that blow out step...I thinks its important to blow any water out and not dilute the antifreeze...you're all set:)