PDA

View Full Version : Need DVD cleaner for "slotted" disc iRV EX6500DVD

rgnmgr
10-13-2018, 12:58 PM
All of the DVD disc cleaners I have found say they are NOT for slotted disc machines. Does anyone have a brand or solution for our front mounted slotted disc players?
Thanks

steve eboe
10-14-2018, 03:22 AM
I am facing the same problem and, unfortunately, could not find a lens cleaner designed for CD/DVD players with a slot (rather than a tray).
Someone on this site in another post a while back solved their problem by using the compressed air in a can that is sold to clean keyboards and other electronics. They sprayed it into the slot opening and apparently cleaned the lens that way.
I tried it, and it didn't work for me. But perhaps it's worth a try.
I have the Jensen AWM 970 in my 2011 Passport, and my problem is that it reads "disc error" every time I try to play a CD or a DVD.
I am looking into replacing my unit with a Jensen JWM 60A, supposedly an updated version of what I have that will fit in the same opening and use the same connections.
I haven't bought one yet...still checking out prices, etc.
Good luck with your search. Let us know what you discover.
steve eboe

JRTJH
10-14-2018, 06:54 AM
Did you "Google" for the term: How do I clean a slot loading DVD player?

There are several "how to videos" as well as a number of "DVD Techie sites" with instructions on how to clean your DVD player. While none may work, some seem fairly easy for a RV owner to try. Might be worth a try. To me, the easiest was one of the first links: https://lifehacker.com/clean-your-laptops-slot-loading-dvd-drive-with-a-credi-1546763763

A simple "thin cotton cloth strip wrapped around a credit card, inserted into the slot to "wipe the lens clean"....

Might be worth a try to "Google" for an answer......

rgnmgr
10-15-2018, 12:27 PM
I saw the credit card post. However, a very knowledgeable source directed me to "Sterling DVD CD Lens Cleaner" on EBay. I have ordered it and will post my results.

bobbecky
10-15-2018, 08:19 PM
Found this cleaner disc that specifically shows a picture of a slot drive in a laptop computer where it is inserted, and the description also said will work in other players. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/digital-innovations-laser-lens-cleaner-gray/5611311.p?skuId=5611311