PDA

View Full Version : Normal issues?

HIDE-EE
10-03-2018, 05:12 PM
About 3 1/2 months ago I bought a 2019 Hideout 303RLI 5th wheel. I have had what seem to me to be a lot of things break or stop working so my question is;does this seem normal or is my rig haveing more problems than normal? Here is the list: brakes failed(as I was trying to leave the dealership on delivery, they found a grounded wire in one of the brake drums),heater stoped working( bad board), a/c driped water to inside of trailer- poor air flow and then stopped working(they found a baffling out of place and it pulled a wire off and was also causing the airflow and water issue),refrigerator will intermittently only work on gas,bed frame broke,heard a noise from one of the wheels(on insp I found a nut with star washer in the L/F brake drum I assume it came from the backing plate). It is at the dealership for the last 3 now. Also has had many trim things like glass for light over dinette fell off and broke, sagging ceiling panel,cabinet doors falling off,veneers peeling,etc. I’m less worried with the trim stuff but I would like to be able to depend on the brakes and know that the nuts and bolts are going to stay on the suspension. My dealer has a good shop and the things they have fixed are still fixed and they did a nice job with the trim stuff. When I asked the advisor if this seemed like s lot of problem he said “at least it is under warranty “ lol. My girlfriend and I love the trailer and love camping in it, but are now kind of just expecting things to go wrong on our trips. Any feed back will be appreciated thank you.

slow
10-03-2018, 05:24 PM
My list is longer.

My DW tells friends and family that we bought a box of TT parts and I have had to rebuild the TT myself to get it right.

The good news is that once taken care of, the issues to not reoccur. Hopefully that will come sooner for you than the 2 seasons it took for me to find and solve all the issues. The last three seasons have been relatively problem free.

roadglide
10-03-2018, 05:32 PM
I had brake wires rubbed into yes as many issues but your dealer is good. My dealer liked to sell them but couldn't fix much. Ask questions and learn

meaz93*
10-03-2018, 05:37 PM
Seems like a lot of issues at once?...and no that is not normal.
Usually you catch most of these before you leave the lot!
But again at least it's under warranty.

sourdough
10-03-2018, 06:39 PM
As Meaz93 mentioned, most of the stuff you mention should have been found and rectified before you took off with it with a good PDI. After that, yes, things happen fairly frequently when towing an RV, and no, you're not having an extraordinary experience. IF things had been properly prepared before launch you would have had a pretty good experience.

HIDE-EE
10-03-2018, 07:40 PM
Seems like a lot of issues at once?...and no that is not normal.
Usually you catch most of these before you leave the lot!
But again at least it's under warranty.

Yes it seems like a lot of issues in the first few months/trips. I agree some of the stuff should have been cought on pdi but a lot of the stuff has happened after delivery. Also being new to rv’s I didn’t realize the walk through at delivery was my time to insp the trailer befor taking it. I am learning a lot as I go

meaz93*
10-03-2018, 07:58 PM
The bottom line again is that Keystone will fix those things [emoji106]
Go through that coach will a fine tooth comb-lol..... get it all taken care of before the 1 year Anniversary of purchase date.
Ohh yeah.....and most of all enjoy that trailer! 18787

ctbruce
10-04-2018, 03:05 AM
Check it all now and put that warranty to work for you.

JRTJH
10-04-2018, 04:33 AM
Read the warranty exclusions carefully. There are some things covered only for the first 90 days, some things not covered by Keystone (tires, etc) and some things covered only if you can prove you did maintenance regularly. Point is, be prepared and know the warranty. If not, you're going to get into trouble expecting that everything is covered and will be free. That is not Keystone, but all RV brands...