PDA

View Full Version : Cougar 28sgs water panel

Dadwoolery
10-03-2018, 06:43 AM
SO I am getting ready to winterize my Cougar for the first time. Looking at the panel with all the water connections (attached) I am unsure of what the one to the left of the city water connection is for. It is unmarked, and the owners manual is next to useless. Any help would be appreciated!

frankyb01
10-03-2018, 07:14 AM
that is the inlet for winterizing your water system. Attach a short length of hose, put the other end into a jug of antifreeze, turn your winterize valve to the on position, and then turn on your water pump. Your water pump will then draw the anti freeze out of the jug instead of water from the fresh water tank.

Spinkboy
10-03-2018, 05:19 PM
SO I am getting ready to winterize my Cougar for the first time. Looking at the panel with all the water connections (attached) I am unsure of what the one to the left of the city water connection is for. It is unmarked, and the owners manual is next to useless. Any help would be appreciated!

Here you go asked and answered look down about 5 post for the breakdown.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34923

After the picture color codes

It would be my guess the top one is to connect a short hose to suck antifreeze by the onboard pump to winterize camper. Middle is city water hook up and bottom is black tank flush.

Happycamper2018
11-13-2020, 02:27 PM
got the same panel in my 28sgs 5th wheel and got winterizer on left city water center and the one on the right below shower faucet will not take any water. Is it for outdoor shower or black tank wash ?

Dadwoolery
11-13-2020, 03:19 PM
Yes, the one to the right below the outdoor faucet is the black tank flush.....at least that is what I was told.

Happycamper2018
11-13-2020, 03:57 PM
Yes, the one to the right below the outdoor faucet is the black tank flush.....at least that is what I was told.
But no water will go into tank i openend the drain valve and nothing came out of tank. do i have to turn pump on or is it gravity feed. water hose was under alot pressure when i tried to remove it from panel connection. Im going to open up panel in storage garage behind water panel and see what that feeds.

Happycamper2018
11-13-2020, 03:57 PM
I will post the outcome

Brantel
11-13-2020, 04:01 PM
But no water will go into tank i openend the drain valve and nothing came out of tank. do i have to turn pump on or is it gravity feed. water hose was under alot pressure when i tried to remove it from panel connection. Im going to open up panel in storage garage behind water panel and see what that feeds.

Very common problem is that the backflow preventer is installed with the lines backwards.

My new 2021 32BHS had one backwards and one normal.

The backflow preventer is either under your bathroom sink or your kitchen sink.

Looks like the attached pic

The reason this happens is because the two lines are white going to the backflow preventer and when they install the fittings and the device, they have no idea which one is the inlet and which one is the outlet. 50/50 chance of getting it correct and they get it incorrect very often!

Happycamper2018
11-13-2020, 04:05 PM
My water panel does not have that sticker below that water inlet. what is the full way termination valve ? and how do you turn it on ?

Brantel
11-13-2020, 04:11 PM
My water panel does not have that sticker below that water inlet. what is the full way termination valve ? and how do you turn it on ?

That is some engineer's that has never been camping way of saying "Black Tank Dump Valve".

If you leave it closed and fill up your black tank with flush water from the black tank flush inlet, bad things can happen.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lw-nTtlMyw&ab_channel=ZavionMoore

Happycamper2018
11-13-2020, 04:31 PM
I found back flow valve , so i got to reverse it for it to work , then the water will go into tank is this correct ? owners manual says nothing about this hmmm

Brantel
11-13-2020, 04:37 PM
I found back flow valve , so i got to reverse it for it to work , then the water will go into tank is this correct ? owners manual says nothing about this hmmm

Yep, just to test you can simply flip it around. This is not best long term because it will be sideways instead of vertical and you might get a drip or two.

Best to redo the plumbing fittings if it is backwards.

Happycamper2018
11-14-2020, 01:22 PM
Turned back flow valve around and got tank flush to work, i guess their is no quality control at manufacturing . thanks for your help