PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

jdixon980
10-02-2018, 05:07 PM
We have had our fifth wheel since May. Our first. It seems that there are things that I am still haven’t figured out. So here are my questions.

1. How do I cut this light on? It has a switch on bottom of light but does not work. I thought bulb was out, so I changed bulb. Still no luck.

2. I have two air conditioners in camper with two thermostats. I set them at two different temps and they run independently. I have not used the heat yet. So when I get ready to use, how do I set thermostats? Do I set both thermostats the same temps? I can’t imagine the thermostats would operate independently for heat. A picture of thermostat, there are two just alike. Any info would be great.

Camper is 2018 Keystone Cougar 367FLS

chuckster57
10-02-2018, 05:55 PM
First the light. You should probably make sure there is power to'it. I’ve seen the switches go bad even on new units.

Only 1 thermostat will have “HEAT” as you press the MODE button. Should be on the thermostat in the main living quarters.

fjr vfr
10-02-2018, 06:20 PM
Your docking light switch might need to be in the on position for the switch on the light to work? They sometimes link lights together...just maybe?

77cruiser
10-03-2018, 06:56 AM
I have the same one, never could figure it out. The day of our trip looked back & it was on. Can't get it on now. :(

bobbecky
10-03-2018, 09:13 PM
The switch on that style of light is junk. I have had to spray contact cleaner on ours a number of times and still never know if it's going to work. I will eventually replace it, hopefully with something better. And you already got the answer on the furnace, it will only operate with one of the thermostats.

ctbruce
10-04-2018, 02:54 AM
The second thermostat will trigger a heat strip in the ceiling unit if you have one. Chances are high that if you have one, it is not plugged in. You'll have to take the ceiling cover down to check. An easy DIY project. It doesn't give much heat FYI.

davduck53
10-04-2018, 06:04 AM
On my 2018 Cougar fifth wheel, the only way I can get that light on or off is with the remote control.