PDA

View Full Version : Hush pads for stabilizer jack pads

Tallboy
10-02-2018, 03:09 PM
Hello everyone.
We have a new to us Montana 3100rl and would like to use bigger stabilizer pads so that the jack pads won't sink into in to soft ground or leave marks on our asphalt driveway. Also want to protect the jack pad bases. We have the level -up system on our fiver. Has anyone used the Hush pads by Leisure Time for fifth wheels or motor homes? If you have used these what do you think of them. Am wondering if over time they will remain compressed. Or do you have any other suggestions for a good product other than these.
Bob and Liz

66joej
10-02-2018, 04:12 PM
These seem popular. RV SnapPad Permanently Attached Leveling Jack Pad for 10 inch Round Metal Feet (Prime Motorhome Pack (Qty 4)) Available on Amazon.

travelin texans
10-02-2018, 09:24 PM
Go to Tractor Supply & pick up a "stall mat", they come in different thicknesses & the you can cut several any size you want for less $$ than 1 Snap Pad or 1 Hush pad.

Alpine
10-02-2018, 09:25 PM
I went with the https://rvsnappad.com/products/snappad-xtra

Only had them on a couple of months. I have been lugging around 6 12x12 pieces of plywood.... just got lazy :eek: of puttin' down, pickin' up and placing them in the basement area...for 5+ years!:D

Tbos
10-03-2018, 04:32 PM
I like my snap pads.

Dhuhn
10-04-2018, 05:54 PM
I’ve had RV snappads for a few years now,they work great. Highly recommend them.

K_N_L
10-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Another ++ vote for the Snap Pads, had them on all summer, works fine.

bobbecky
10-04-2018, 08:22 PM
Had our Snap pads for a few years and they are great.

Dan53
10-05-2018, 04:24 AM
Ditto on the Snap Pads. Have had them on since March...8,000 miles with no problems on sand, gravel, dirt concrete, etc.

allis15
10-14-2018, 08:06 AM
Camping World list these:

https://www.campingworld.com/9-round-5th-wheel-landing-gear-foot-pads-set-of-2

lonewolftx
10-14-2018, 08:28 AM
These seem popular. RV SnapPad Permanently Attached Leveling Jack Pad for 10 inch Round Metal Feet (Prime Motorhome Pack (Qty 4)) Available on Amazon.

I put these in my Fuzion 420 and like the results. No longer have to get out the 2” x 10” x 12” boards any more. Still carry the boards for leveling where reach of auto level jacks isn’t enough thou. :cool:

Border Boy
10-14-2018, 09:10 AM
I went with the https://rvsnappad.com/products/snappad-xtra

Only had them on a couple of months. I have been lugging around 6 12x12 pieces of plywood.... just got lazy :eek: of puttin' down, pickin' up and placing them in the basement area...for 5+ years!:D

Yup this is what we use!! put them on when we got a new 5er two years ago...love them! Gravel parking at the house, cement, asphalt, grass at NASCAR races...all good. I wouldn't have a 5th wheel without them. Hope they last a gong time, but I'll replace as needed. Look like new so far...probably 20,000 miles so far...over 12,000 on one trip last year!

BobMcC
10-14-2018, 10:01 AM
Not used the Snap Pads, but when we bought our Carbon 357 about a year ago we've been using these from Quality Plastics - https://www.ebay.com/i/273264525461?chn=ps they work on concrete, gravel, mud, whatever. The ropes will help you pull them out of the muck. Our trailer is pretty heavy heavy, so I contacted the owner, said they've never had a problem with any weight trailer and they would replace them if anything happens to them. I think a set of 4 is about $70 - I bought 2 sets so I can stack them if I need the extra height. I love them. I know they're not as convenient as the Snap Pads, because you do have to move these and store them as they won't attach to the Level Up jack discs like the Snap Pads.

rsv4pilot
10-14-2018, 10:06 AM
Love the snap pads. Mysteriously lost one a while back and they replaced it free of charge.

Buy direct. Don’t give Amazon any more money.

JRTJH
10-14-2018, 10:29 AM
OK, I don't have a hydraulic leveling system and have no experience with one (other than reading the owner's manual and posts on the forum), so here's a question for those who do have the Lippert hydraulic system and have been getting the "popping" that is supposed to be eliminated by using "Stiction elimination oil" in the hydraulic system....

Do these "snap-on pads" help cushion the jacks and reduce or eliminate the popping???

Mjgage
10-14-2018, 10:56 AM
I have the snap pads on our Alpine. Love them so far. Easy to install.

chuckster57
10-14-2018, 11:06 AM
OK, I don't have a hydraulic leveling system and have no experience with one (other than reading the owner's manual and posts on the forum), so here's a question for those who do have the Lippert hydraulic system and have been getting the "popping" that is supposed to be eliminated by using "Stiction elimination oil" in the hydraulic system....

Do these "snap-on pads" help cushion the jacks and reduce or eliminate the popping???

The customers we have with the level up and snap pads haven’t said the pads reduce/eliminate the popping.

MattHelm21
10-14-2018, 11:19 AM
I have had snap pads for two years and love them. I also have 10 of the utility blocks BobMcC mentions and also love them. They are necessary in my driveway which has a 5 degree drop at the front. The utility block can serve dual purpose, supporting the jack pad and in combination raising the jack pad. The snap pad can only provide support but its advantage is it is always attached so if your site is reasonably level, you don’t have to walk around and drop utility blocks.

The snap pads work well in conjunction though I do wish the utility blocks were just a bit wider.

John, knock on wood but I have not had the popping which others have required the stiction elimination oil for. I can’t say if the snap pads have had any effect. They are very hard highly compressed recycled rubber. They could provide some shock absorbion(relief) if this pop is looking for a path of least resistance so I’m also interested in hearing other’s experience in case the problem developes.

beeje
10-14-2018, 03:59 PM
I have seen the snap pads before. I would be worried that road debris would knock some off. On my last outing a saw a unit with red risers under all 6 jacks. I talked to the owner and found out they were made by Anderson. They are called trailer jack blocks. Basically an upside down bucket around 8" high that magnetically sticks to the pads so that the stroke of the ram is reduced
, lessening the wiggle of the RV. Pretty cool but pricey.

chuckster57
10-14-2018, 04:31 PM
I have seen the snap pads before. I would be worried that road debris would knock some off. On my last outing a saw a unit with red risers under all 6 jacks. I talked to the owner and found out they were made by Anderson. They are called trailer jack blocks. Basically an upside down bucket around 8" high that magnetically sticks to the pads so that the stroke of the ram is reduced
, lessening the wiggle of the RV. Pretty cool but pricey.

I’ve had to remove the pads to replace a leaking jack....thos th8ngs are “stuck like glue”.

TJTx
10-14-2018, 08:03 PM
I have them for my Alpine 3401RS and they are great. I bought them after I lost plastic pads that blew out from the bed of my truck. The large hush pads are heavy and will not blow out.

Midsouth
10-14-2018, 08:48 PM
Another upvote for snap pads. We got them after viewing a youtube video by a full time rver. One of the 1st purchases we made when we started fulltiming in May this year-was snap pads. They are great-create a extremely firm foundation and also appear to protect the metal jacks from the elements. We stayed in a park that only had dirt sites and these pads truly created a firm foundation-also appeared to protect the metal from the elements-as it was raining the whole time and protected the metal part of the jack from excess water, mud etc. Highly recommend and price is good. Bought from company's website https://rvsnappad.com/ shipping was free.

MattHelm21
10-28-2018, 08:13 PM
I have had snap pads for two years and love them. I also have 10 of the utility blocks BobMcC mentions and also love them. They are necessary in my driveway which has a 5 degree drop at the front. The utility block can serve dual purpose, supporting the jack pad and in combination raising the jack pad. The snap pad can only provide support but its advantage is it is always attached so if your site is reasonably level, you don’t have to walk around and drop utility blocks.

The snap pads work well in conjunction though I do wish the utility blocks were just a bit wider.

John, knock on wood but I have not had the popping which others have required the stiction elimination oil for. I can’t say if the snap pads have had any effect. They are very hard highly compressed recycled rubber. They could provide some shock absorbion(relief) if this pop is looking for a path of least resistance so I’m also interested in hearing other’s experience in case the problem developes.

So updating my own post. I decided I was no longer comfortable with the stability of the utility blocks stacked to the height I required when storing my trailer for long periods like winter. I ordered stacks of camco 4X2 stackable blocs but stacked them in an alternating/interlocking square creating 4X4 blocks. Here are pictures before and after.