PDA

View Full Version : Landing gear

Colombianmama
10-02-2018, 08:22 AM
We have a 305 t 2008 Everest and we have replaced the motor and gear on the front jacks they still aren’t working. A suggestion was to install 2 motors one for each leg as the motor. Is there a more powerful motor instead?

JRTJH
10-02-2018, 08:43 AM
I don't have the specs on your trailer, so I can only speculate that the weight being lifted is within the range of the motor/gearing capacity. I'd guess that if it worked originally, chances are the motor and gears are "strong enough" to function properly, although maybe not as fast as we'd like. That said, you stated, "we have replaced the motor and gear on the front jacks they still aren’t working"

Are you saying that the motor won't turn at all? That the gears don't function at all? or that something is binding? or ???

If you replaced the motor and gears, if everything else is operational, then (at least in theory) the landing gear should work. If the motor/gears are "trying but can't" then possibly they could be installed incorrectly? If not, then there's a good chance that something is binding or bent within one or both of the jacks assemblies. Those two jacks have components that slide inside another part. If either is bent, corroded or otherwise deformed, that may be the cause of your problem.

Have you replaced the motor and gear pack yourself or was this done by a qualified RV technician? If done by you, double check your work. If done by a RV tech, you might ask him whether he checked the rest of the system by running the jacks up and down while the system was apart. He may have "assumed" or he may have "overlooked" ????