PDA

View Full Version : Heading back from Yuma, Clark’s camp?

Fishsizzle
10-01-2018, 04:01 PM
We will be heading back home Sunday. Looking at Goldfield on the way down it looks like a fun place to explore for a few hours.

Anyone ever stay at Clark’s Camp?

roadglide
10-01-2018, 06:56 PM
I drove through goldfield today it's locked up and looks like a zombie town . Now Beatty Nevada camping at the city park is full of donkey a few bars and good folks .

jsmith948
10-02-2018, 06:30 AM
Used to be a place called "Bunny Ranch" outside of Goldfield - might not be a good idea if the DW is along:D

Fishsizzle
10-02-2018, 09:49 AM
Used to be a place called "Bunny Ranch" outside of Goldfield - might not be a good idea if the DW is along:D

Ha! We drove by the “Shady Lady” near there.

Fishsizzle
10-07-2018, 07:37 PM
Staying the night in Clark’s Camp as we speak. Not a bad little place. Clean for sure.

Going to go the back route home. Tonopah to Winnemucca, anyone ever head that way through Austin? Been looking over trip leg lengths for Diesel spots. Can’t belive Austin is 6600 in elevation .

Stoped in at the “Alien Gas” station before Beaty. Says “50’s diner” well.... outback is the Alien ladies of the night. Plus a bar with, well you can figure it out. Next time gas is at the fort across the street. HW was a good sport as I offered to run across the street for gas, but she said fill up, walk dogs and go.

travelin texans
10-07-2018, 08:01 PM
Frontier rv park in Winnemucca is very nice.

Fishsizzle
10-08-2018, 06:38 AM
Frontier rv park in Winnemucca is very nice.

Awesome I’ll look it up right now. I’ve been going over the route to make sure road is decent for us and has enough stops for fuel. Looks like it’s a go

travelin texans
10-08-2018, 07:58 AM
Awesome I’ll look it up right now. I’ve been going over the route to make sure road is decent for us and has enough stops for fuel. Looks like it’s a go

We didn't have any fuel/road issues with a 40' 5er & CC dually diesel truck, have went that way the last 3 years.

Fishsizzle
10-11-2018, 04:45 AM
We didn't have any fuel/road issues with a 40' 5er & CC dually diesel truck, have went that way the last 3 years.

Trip was awesome! New Fronteir was spot on, nice park for the night.

I did goof on one leg with fuel. Thought my trip went straight out of Mcdermitt, so I by passed Fuel there. Well, road turned towards Burns, I was on fumes and needles getting to Crane Or.

Thanks to everyone for input. I recommend Smokey Valley drive to anyone wanting a beautiful and solitude trip.