PDA

View Full Version : Passport 19ML water leak

gmer140
09-24-2018, 05:49 PM
Hello. My brother bought used passport 19ML. Didn't check unit well didn't ask to hookup to check if everything worked. Fixed tons of issues but hooked city water up had major leak in rear passenger side appears to be under floor. How would I inspect plumbing? See it dripping underneath unit. Will also make new thread. Thx Gary

jguzek
11-04-2018, 09:52 AM
Were you able to identify the leak.

I had a similar issue in my 239ml. Turned out the outside kitchen sink cold water supply line was leaking under the faucet.

gmer140
11-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Hadn't posted back but turned out lucky. One of the sink connectors was loose. Had to pull toilet and install new valve. Also water heater had a huge crack in tank. Found a new unit on Amazon for $420.00. Atwood bought out but new unit identical. Water holding. Winterized right away. Words to the wise when purchasing used RV hook up water and test 1st. Owner said everything worked fine.

JRTJH
11-04-2018, 12:30 PM
Hadn't posted back but turned out lucky. ... Words to the wise when purchasing used RV hook up water and test 1st. Owner said everything worked fine.

That's not just "wise words" for used trailers, but for new ones as well. Every week we have posts about people with water leaks, water heaters that won't work, furnaces that won't turn on, air conditioners that aren't connected to the thermostat, heat strips "hanging" in the air conditioner and not connected, cabinet doors that won't close, stove burners or ovens that won't light, windows that won't open or that won't close, cushions that don't fit the dinette properly, TV's that won't work, sound bars that aren't connected, outside speakers that don't work, awning lights that won't turn on, doors that won't lock or unlock properly, shower doors that won't close and/or that leak.... The list goes on and on and on and on......

So, words to the wise, when purchasing an RV (new or used) hook up water and test it, as well as go through the RV checking everything. Don't take the dealer's word for it that "they checked it and you're ready to go camping".... Then, when you get it home, find problems and call the dealer, their first appointment in service is in the middle of your "special trip that was the reason for buying the trailer in the first place" and they won't (or say they can't) work you in any sooner, so your trip is ruined or you go with a busted camper.......

chuckster57
11-04-2018, 12:38 PM
/\ /\ YUP!!!

It's sad how many dealers don't really do a proper PDI before delivering a unit to an excited customer, only to have them upset because the darn thing isn't doing what they paid for it to do. I have personally had the service mgr call a new customer and tell them I found a major issue and would they like to wait or take it "broken" and bring it back. More often than not they are glad you found the problem and are happy to wait.