PDA

View Full Version : Replaced Coleman Mach Themostat with LUXPRO

Snoking
09-24-2018, 02:55 PM
Here is the wiring diagram I used to wire the LUXPRO stat I bought on Amazon for 29 bucks and change. This is a 5-2 day programmable unit.

I did not install a switch for low high fan, so the green wire was connected to G and the grey and blue Mach wires were taped back. When testing there is a 5 minute delay built in before you can test the other function, like cooling after testing heating. I just cut the Mach colored wires about 3-4" from where they are soldered onto the Mach circuit card and stripped the insulation to make the connections to the LUXPRO. Jumper in LUXPRO should be set to gas.

I have used a very similar LUX model before, so it is like old home week.

Chris

MattE303
09-24-2018, 03:24 PM
Did you replace the Coleman because it was malfunctioning, or just prefer the LuxPro?

Snoking
09-24-2018, 06:36 PM
Did you replace the Coleman because it was malfunctioning, or just prefer the LuxPro?

We wanted one that was programmable, the dimmer I put in for the six led ceiling lights was interferring with the Mach stat. Going to hook the dimmer up again and see if the new one has the same issue.

The Mash stat has a wide differencial, causing temp swings. Chris

Snoking
09-25-2018, 06:19 AM
So, it has been cool at night here. At 9:30 last night the programming change from 68 degrees to 62 for the night. The furnace came on a few times during the night and at 5 AM it switch back to 68 and warmed the trailer back up.

Love it!
Chris