PDA

View Full Version : Lighting issue

Trip
09-16-2018, 11:07 AM
We just purchased a 2019 Cougar 30rls with the In Command Control. We discovered that you can turn on all the interior lights but if you turn off the bedroom lights all interior lights go off. The kitchen and livingroom light in the ceiling will not come back on unless the bedroom lights are turned back on. Ha

JimMach1
09-16-2018, 11:12 AM
Welcome congrats on trailer. However that’s a question for one of techs on here or someone who has that feature our 16 303 rls don’t have it. Someone will chime in.

Trip
09-16-2018, 11:24 AM
Ok thanks. I wish at this point ours didn’t have it

JRTJH
09-16-2018, 02:05 PM
Our Holiday Rambler had that "feature" on the stereo. You could turn it on in the living room and turn on the bedroom speakers (apparently to "lull" yourself to sleep) and there was a switch in the bedroom to turn it off when you finally fell asleep. The problem was that you had to turn that switch back on for the stereo to operate from the main controls. That was in 1993, seems not much has changed since then ????

This is a WAG, but it may be wired that way so you can "shut it all down" from the bed without having to get up and walk through the trailer (assuming you can't find or can't connect with your I-phone to "talk to the system".....

Firewall
09-16-2018, 03:01 PM
Maybe a programming glitch? I have the same system, turns on most of the lights but if I shut off the bedroom lights, only the bedroom goes off.

Trip
09-16-2018, 03:49 PM
Thanks I am taking it back to the dealer I guess. Just hoped there was an easy fix

JRTJH
09-16-2018, 06:19 PM
Thanks I am taking it back to the dealer I guess. Just hoped there was an easy fix

As new, as complex and as widely used to control different components in different brands/models/floorplan options, there's just not a lot of "historical knowledge" on the system. Seems almost every trailer is different and every system is totally different from brand to brand and often from model to model.

I'm guessing if you take it back to the dealer, the first response will be, "It worked like it's supposed to" followed by "The tech couldn't find anything wrong" followed by, "Keystone is sending a new controller" followed by "We don't know why it does that and the factory doesn't have any troubleshooting guides that cover it, so....."

It's worth the effort if the dealer can find and repair the problem, but you may find yourself in a lengthy "dealership storage location" while it sits with nothing being done. At least the camping season is nearly over, so you've got a few months to let them deal with it. Good Luck.

Trip
09-20-2018, 04:19 PM
Well we went back to the dealer today. Turns out the # 10 and the # 13 wire were switched. They put 10 where 13 was and 13 where 10 was on the InCommand control and all the lights work great now. We are happy campers again ��

WNY Bullet
09-20-2018, 04:24 PM
Well we went back to the dealer today. Turns out the # 10 and the # 13 wire were switched. They put 10 where 13 was and 13 where 10 was on the InCommand control and all the lights work great now. We are happy campers again ��

Glad it worked out for you!

bobbecky
09-20-2018, 11:04 PM
Maybe if they had real wiring diagrams, the people putting these rigs together could get them wired properly:lol:

JRTJH
09-21-2018, 04:02 AM
Glad things are working now. I'd say, based on your statements, your dealership is one of the better ones. You took it in, got same day service and the repair was done to your satisfaction. Definitely a keeper !!!

travelin texans
09-21-2018, 07:32 AM
Maybe if they had real wiring diagrams, the people putting these rigs together could get them wired properly:lol:

Are you kidding??
With as many floor plans as they have & as often as they change them they'd have them so miswired no one could cipher which schematic they might have used on which floor plan. You have to realize most of the folks throwing these things together aren't the sharpest pencil in the drawer & the others don't give a sh##! And not an electrician among'em!

Local150
09-21-2018, 03:04 PM
Good 4 you,,, enjoy your camper

TimandMarilyn
09-27-2018, 07:25 AM
We have a 2019 cougar as well. That sounds like a glitch in your system, our in-command doesn't do that. I think its definitely a warranty wiring issue...

wobly
09-27-2018, 07:36 PM
Maybe a programming glitch? I have the same system, turns on most of the lights but if I shut off the bedroom lights, only the bedroom goes off.
^^This. We have the In-Command system in our 29BHS and the switch in the bedroom only affects the bedroom lights.