PDA

View Full Version : Fueling Station 09 3602RL

TYHLR
09-15-2018, 09:14 AM
A question for the experts here. My fueling station has never had gasoline in it since new. As I have family in N.C. going through the hurricane, I am considering taking my camper to provide somewhere to sleep and to bring gasoline for generators in the fueling station. As my fueling has never been used, what can I do to ensure that it works before hauling 30 gallons of gas across three states? TIA!

K_N_L
09-15-2018, 09:45 AM
Not sure I qualify as an expert but I use my pump a lot. I would check that the pump motor spins up before adding any fuel, and check your hose for cracks. My pickup tube may not be at the absolute bottom as it takes a couple of gallons in before it starts pumping out. Try with say 3 or 4 gallons before filling it up completely. Hope it works.

xrated
09-15-2018, 02:57 PM
Here is a little "trick" that I use, but it will work for you too, to make sure the pump works before you go. In the fall, when I'm getting ready to put the trailer to sleep for the winter, I usually fill the fueling station (30 gallons). If it has say 25 or so gallons in it, then I usually don't bother adding more......but, I needed some way to put some Sta-Bil in the fuel and keeping it safe for over the winter use. So what I do is add however much Sta-Bil that I need (I pour it in the gas fill spout where you would fill the tank at a gas station) and I know it's not mixed in with the existing gas...just pouring it in the tank. So, I then fire up the fueling station and take the pump nozzle and stick it in the place where you fill the tank and let it run for maybe 5 minutes or so. You are just recirculating the gas out of the tank and back into the tank, via the fueling station pump. This help to make sure that the Sta-Bil is well mixed with the gas. In your case, just put some fuel in the tank, fire up the pump and pump it right back into the tank. :D

notanlines
09-15-2018, 03:03 PM
Fill them up whether the pump works or not. Make sure you have an Arkansas Credit Card (siphon hose that fits) and hit the road.....oh, and be SAFE!

66joej
09-15-2018, 06:30 PM
Fill them up whether the pump works or not. Make sure you have an Arkansas Credit Card (siphon hose that fits) and hit the road.....oh, and be SAFE!

Would this be the same as a Mexican Credit Card just with a different accent?:lol:

notanlines
09-16-2018, 02:05 AM
Joe, I believe they are of the same ilk. This, of course, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.....:eek:

JRTJH
09-16-2018, 04:21 AM
Joe, I believe they are of the same ilk. This, of course, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.....:eek:

If you want a "really REALLY bad taste in your mouth, just try sucking on the end of a piece of 1/2" hose stuck in that gas tank..... YECHT http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sick/puke-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

TYHLR
09-16-2018, 09:07 AM
Guys, thanks for the inputs. I went out and checked the fueling station today. The pump and timer appear to work and the filling hose is not cracked. Will take the advice of putting a few gallons in first and give it a go. Thanks again.