PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Rubber Capitol

LERD
09-14-2018, 06:13 PM
My wife and I recently purchased our first ever hard sided trailer. We have been tent campers for 20 years before we bought a pop-up. Had that for 6 years and sold that when we bought a boat. This meant we were back to tents again. Now 7 years later the boat is gone and we are starting a new season. I am about 4 years from retiring, and that is when we are planning long, long trips. Snowbird, full time, somewhere in between, we are not sure. So we've decided to start off slow. Using the existing truck, and starting off with an older rv. We plan on taking as many little trips as we can, just to make sure this is what we want to do. No sense going overboard if we suddenly decided it was a mistake. We were looking for travel trailers to start with, but we just couldn't get the floor plan that was appealing to us. Finally found it in a small 5er. We now own a very well cared for 2007 Copper Canyon 25ft. Big enough for us, ( just the 2 of us and a Cavalier) yet small enough for my F-150. I know, I'm close on the weight. But this tows far better than my boat ever did and it's was half the weight of the rv. Plus, we're just starting our new journey. I can tell you this, so far we love it. The rv, and the experience. We're really looking forward to using it plenty. And if we still like it as much as we think we will, there will be a slightly bigger rv (and truck) in our future. Can't wait!

KeithInUpstateNY
09-14-2018, 06:21 PM
Congratulations from Upstate NY. Sounds like a well thought out plan. Many happy memories.

Gegrad
09-14-2018, 06:51 PM
Welcome from North Carolina! Enjoy the new (old) rig and make memories!

Chris P
09-14-2018, 07:10 PM
Welcome to the forum from New Jersey, been there done that with the boat thing as well,prefer the camping life.Alot of great people and info here.

DocP
09-15-2018, 01:58 AM
Congratulations, and enjoy! You're right down the road from me in Macedonia.

notanlines
09-15-2018, 02:47 AM
" there will be a slightly bigger RV (and truck) in our future" I an assure you there will be. :D Make sure when the time comes that you buy the RV first and THEN the TV. Oh, welcome to the forum....

cavediver
09-15-2018, 04:02 AM
Welcome from the other side of the state.

MarcS
09-15-2018, 04:06 AM
Welcome to the forum from Howell Michigan!

travelin texans
09-15-2018, 09:15 AM
We can HIGHLY recommend the fulltime experience, just recently settled back down after 10 years of fulltime & have enjoyed every minute of it. Seen,a lot of this beautiful country, met some great people & have had a blast.
Good luck & welcome!

5J's
09-16-2018, 05:45 PM
Congrats on the new to you 5er and on the upcoming retirement. Welcome to the forum from SE Texas.