PDA

View Full Version : Invalid URL message

flybouy
09-14-2018, 08:00 AM
Don't know if this is just me but this is popping up frequently on my computer, tablet and phone when navigating the site. This happens regardless of the modem/router or ISP being used. I've had this occurring on all 3 devices at home, at both of my daughter's homes (that's 3 different ISP's) and on public wifi sites at campgrounds. I'll get the message, then if I click the reload icon it will load the site. Don't know if it's the forum's server or a setting on my side.
Thanks

Badbart56
09-14-2018, 08:10 AM
Not sure if it's related but in the past two or three days when I try to enter this website I get a "FATAL ERROR" message. When I try again it goes to the site as it usually would.

JRTJH
09-14-2018, 08:14 AM
Don't know if this is just me but this is popping up frequently on my computer, tablet and phone when navigating the site. This happens regardless of the modem/router or ISP being used. I've had this occurring on all 3 devices at home, at both of my daughter's homes (that's 3 different ISP's) and on public wifi sites at campgrounds. I'll get the message, then if I click the reload icon it will load the site. Don't know if it's the forum's server or a setting on my side.
Thanks

I've been getting the same "fatal error message" for the past couple of weeks. We recently changed from satellite internet to a land based provider and I thought it may have been on the "cable end"... From your description, I'm getting the same problem as you, so apparently it's not my internet provider... I'll report it to the tech admin team and ask them to take a look.

chuckster57
09-14-2018, 08:19 AM
I've been getting the same "fatal error message" for the past couple of weeks. We recently changed from satellite internet to a land based provider and I thought it may have been on the "cable end"... From your description, I'm getting the same problem as you, so apparently it's not my internet provider... I'll report it to the tech admin team and ask them to take a look.

I’m on ATT UVERSE and I’m seeing it on a variety of different devices, so I’m thinking it’s there end. Thanks for submitting John. I was thinking it was me as it was random.

spade117
09-14-2018, 08:28 AM
Same thing here for the past few weeks.

flybouy
09-14-2018, 08:29 AM
Thanks guys, I thought my computer was emulating it's user and having "fatal errors" as well.:facepalm:

wiredgeorge
09-14-2018, 08:41 AM
I am getting a bad or invalid data base fatal error and generally close the site and reopen without the issue popping up for awhile.

rhagfo
09-14-2018, 09:14 AM
I have been seeing the same error, simply reload the page works for me.

notanlines
09-14-2018, 09:39 AM
Same thing here, I just reload the page.

Janet H
09-18-2018, 02:23 PM
Is the link you are clicking (that has the error message) here on the site or is it embedded in a notification you get via e-mail?

hankaye
09-18-2018, 03:27 PM
Howdy All;

I generally get some message about dead end or some other message like what has
been mentioned mostly when I go from one forum (within Keystone forum), to
another, I wait maybe 30 seconds and it automatically re-directs me to the page I
had requested. I'll try to capture it (some how???), next time it occurs.
It only happens on this site, none of the others that I frequent.
I use IE10, Google chrome, on CenturyLink. If that helps any.

hank

chuckster57
09-18-2018, 05:32 PM
Is the link you are clicking (that has the error message) here on the site or is it embedded in a notification you get via e-mail?

I get the fatal error when clicking on a link like “respond” or clicking on a thread. Hasent happened for a few days now.

flybouy
09-18-2018, 05:38 PM

On this site.

xranchflunky
09-18-2018, 08:26 PM
Same thing, but like Notanlines state, I just hit the refresh/reload and the page comes back up

SummitPond
09-19-2018, 05:28 AM
Janet

I've been getting a similar message recently, but a refresh (F5) typically clears it and the page comes up. I'll take a screen shot of it next time it occurs and post it for you.

Ken

wiredgeorge
09-19-2018, 08:15 AM
The data base error message pops up on the screen with the desired url at the top. Sometimes I can just reload the page and the desired page appears and sometimes not; I have to go back a page and then re-select the link I want to go to or some process of that sort.

hankaye
09-19-2018, 04:40 PM
Howdy All;

Just happened again, when I signed in after reading a post and going to reply to the post.

hank

hankaye
09-20-2018, 07:14 AM
Howdy All;

Ok, again with the dead end page.

It apparently happens when I scan the topics in the column to the right then
choose to respond to one. When asked to log-in I do so then it shows up. I
wait a few seconds and then the page I'm looking for (reply to a topic),shows
up. Hope this helps you narrow down the faulty code.

hank

Janet H
09-20-2018, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the extra info :)

flybouy
09-30-2018, 05:06 AM
Just happened again when attempting to post a reply. Click on refresh page with confirmation and it clears. Using latest version of Chrome on a MS Surface tablet.
Thanks

JRTJH
09-30-2018, 11:12 AM
Three times today (about 2 hours of forum time) I've seen the "invalid URL" message.

spade117
10-01-2018, 04:47 AM
Happened this morning again when I clicked on one of the recent threads. Just hit the back button and clicked thread again and it worked.

hankaye
10-01-2018, 07:28 AM
Howdy All;

Ok, while browsing, Not signed in, I saw the heading for this thread and clicked on it.
Here's what I got; hank

notanlines
10-01-2018, 07:33 AM
Yep, they're back again. Click the "Back" arrow at the top left and click your selected site again. No problems.