PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am from Colorado Springs

tenier75
09-13-2018, 07:12 AM
Hi my name is Tanya. Myself, my husband and our daughter just bought a 2018 Keystone Cougar 29BHS back in March. We have been camping several times this year and we love it. We have out last camping trip this weekend then will be time to winterize for the season. Little nervous about doing this don't want to miss anything or do it wrong. If anybody has suggestions or video's showing how to do this that would be awesome. Thank you everybody.

MarcS
09-13-2018, 08:39 AM
Welcome to the forum from Howell Michigan! Winterizing is really no big deal at all. There should be a section with a sticky thread that walks you through it. Search winterizing on the forum.

sourdough
09-13-2018, 10:23 AM
Winterizing is not a big deal so don't worry about it. You just want to be sure and get all of the water out of the lines/faucets etc. Living in CO you will want to winterize with RV anti freeze. Your pump may have a winterizing adapter at the pump or not. If not, you can buy an adapter at any RV store and possibly Walmart. There are many posts on the forum concerning winterizing and here is a link to give you an idea. Good luck;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZshRDDVc9o

flybouy
09-13-2018, 12:13 PM
Welcome from Maryland. The DW has a sister and her husband that live in Divide, that's over by Cripple Creek. Beautiful area, been there a couple of times. As for winterizing the advice already given is good. I would only add that especially on your first venture take photos or videos of everything you touch, i.e. fresh water drain, low point drain, bypass valves, etc. Take pics of where they are and in what position they are in as in where is the handle on the valve pointing. That way when you go to de- winterize in the spring you won't be racking your brain or possibly damage a valve trying to turn it in the wrong direction. Good luck!

notanlines
09-13-2018, 01:18 PM
All good advice so far. A couple of little tricks that I have tried to remember over the years:
I like to start by hooking up some compressed air (about 30-40 PSI or so) and blow as much water from the system as I can. THEN go about with the pink anti-freeze you'll be reading about.
When you know that you have followed the directions carefully, dump a little pink anti-freeze in all the drains and in the bowl of your commode. A well-known Texan on this site recommends stretching Saran Wrap over the top of the commode to prevent it from drying out over the winter. (His wife I'm sure recommends removing said wrap in the spring...:D:D)

grey ghost
09-13-2018, 03:08 PM
Well, can be of NO help with winterizing, we live in Phoenix, AZ and don't have to do that sort of stuff any longer, however the sun eats ours up so guess we are even!
Welcome to the forum and enjoy and be safe out there!!

Easton091
09-25-2018, 06:14 AM
Hi my name is Tanya. Myself, my husband and our daughter just bought a 2018 Keystone Cougar 29BHS back in March. We have been camping several times this year and we love it. We have out last camping trip this weekend then will be time to winterize for the season. Little nervous about doing this don't want to miss anything or do it wrong. If anybody has suggestions or video's showing how to do this that would be awesome. Thank you everybody.
Hi. I have the same trailer. Did you happen to find out where the antifreeze gets poured in? I have freinds with different trailers and theirs are under the kitchen sink. I have not found a port yet on ours to pour it in.

gkainz
09-25-2018, 06:26 AM
There’s not a place to pour the antifreeze in. What you should find, maybe somewhere near the water pump, is a hose and a valve that you switch that uses the water pump to draw antifreeze out of the jugs and into the water lines.

Easton091
09-25-2018, 07:41 AM
Oh ok, guessing that is somewhere in the front storage near the hot water tank. Will have to remove the panel again and check.

gkainz
09-25-2018, 03:23 PM
Run the water pump to find it by ear, perhaps?

sourdough
09-25-2018, 05:26 PM
Hi. I have the same trailer. Did you happen to find out where the antifreeze gets poured in? I have freinds with different trailers and theirs are under the kitchen sink. I have not found a port yet on ours to pour it in.

There is no "port" to pour antifreeze in. You use your water pump. Turn it on, listen for the "brrrrrrrrrrrrr" and behind "that panel", "hump" etc. will be the pump. It will have an intake side to the fresh water tank and the pressure side going to the faucets. IF you are lucky it has an inline valve that has a clear hose coiled up that goes into the antifreeze jug. If not, you can buy the bypass kit at RV stores and some Walmarts. If it does, turn the valve, stick the hose in the antifreeze and turn on the pump until you pump pink from the faucets...starting at the furthest faucet; don't forget the outside shower if so equipped. If it doesn't have the valve, disconnect the intake hose, install the new intake valve and antifreeze hose, reconnect the fresh water intake hose, turn the valve to the antifreeze hose and proceed as above. I no longer use the pink stuff since we winter in FL in the trailer. I would advise blowing the lines out first with a compressor. Don't forget to drain the fresh water tank and add antifreeze to the p traps, toilet and holding tanks. JMO