PDA

View Full Version : Sprinter Campfire 29FWRL dinette slide

dhgannon
09-13-2018, 04:02 AM
Hello, We have a Sprinter Campfire fifth wheel - 29FWRL. My husband weighs in the 250 lb range, and when he stands in the middle of the dinette slide, the floor has a lot of spring to it. Also, when he sits at the table, the chair actually lists a little toward the center of the slide. We checked out a 26FWRL at a dealer today, and even though the slide on that is smaller, it too had quite a bit of spring to it.

Is anyone else experiencing this, and does it concern you? We are a little nervous about the construction because we almost bought a used fifth wheel in which the floor actually separated from the wall and we could see outside. Thanks.

PSD Andy
09-14-2018, 05:55 PM
We have the same exact model. I sit at the inside chair but never noticed the floor flex if i walk over to open/close blinds or windows around the table area. At least not enough flex to notice.

The roof decking is another story!

dhgannon
09-15-2018, 07:20 AM
Thanks. I don’t really notice it either, but at 250 lbs, he does, and so did the salesman we talked to.

Now I really don’t want him to get up on the roof to replace the air conditioner cover.