PDA

View Full Version : Patio awning motor runs, won't extend

Alaskaman
09-10-2018, 05:33 PM
We just got our new Carbon 417 home. While familiarizing ourselves I tried to open the rear pario awning, the motor runs but the awning does not come out. When I push the "IN" side it sounds like it activates and sounds like it's fully retracted, with a slight "clunk", as if hitting the stop.

It delayed extending during our walk-through but after a5 seconds or so extended fine.

The awning is in a metal casing and I cannot find a way to manually extend it, there is no CareFree manual in my documentation.

Any ideas would be really appreciated before I call the dealer.

Larry

chuckster57
09-10-2018, 05:42 PM
The awning is most likely hanging up. There are adjustments once you get it open. Try pressing the “OUT” button for about 3 seconds and then get on a ladder and pull it out.

With it open you can go to the Carefree of Colorado website, and find the adjustment procedure based on your model.

Pick_PSD
09-10-2018, 06:25 PM
Agree, mine hangs up (mostly on one side) so one side will extend while the other won't . I can run it in and out a couple of times and it usually frees up but sometimes requires me to open the door and pull on the metal shroud to get it to extend.

I wouldn't run it out much as the weight of it falling could damage the awning fabric. Just enough to free it up from the 'resting' position should do it.