PDA

View Full Version : Rear Slide Ceiling Track Damage

Gary-n-Liz
09-06-2018, 08:41 AM
Have 2015 Outback Terrain with electric bed-slide out the rear end. One of the tracks is tearing apart and we know we need to have it replaced. My question is, does anyone know how to reduce the chance of this happening again? The damage has been ongoing for awhile and we should have had it fixed before now. Well, duh, what can we say.

I've seen suggestions for installing washers to help support the thin metal around the installation screws. Sounds good. I've seen suggestions for creating a support leg. Does anyone have personal experience that can help us decide what to do? I've seen some online comments but think that was regarding the older manual-slide version.

We're full-timers and move around a lot so I'm sure bouncing down the road doesn't help, but ya know, that's just gonna happen. Thanks, Liz

J&A
09-06-2018, 08:49 AM
Hi Liz,

Maybe adding a few pics or a vid to your comments will help folks in the forum give you advice on how to repair and fix the problem.

Good luck!

J

Tripping Over Normal
07-25-2020, 04:27 PM
:confused:Anyone else have this issue? I have a 2014 Outback 230 TRS with the rear bed slide and the track is craking and the underbelly of the slide is delaminating.

HELP HELP HELP:
confused:

JRTJH
07-25-2020, 05:51 PM
:confused:Anyone else have this issue? I have a 2014 Outback 230 TRS with the rear bed slide and the track is craking and the underbelly of the slide is delaminating.

HELP HELP HELP:
confused:
Check this link: https://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33980 A couple of members have had similar problems. This thread discusses one such problem.