PDA

View Full Version : decals coming off and rear wall delaminating

wingmaster02
07-29-2011, 01:34 PM
I have 2010 copper Canyon 36 ' , problem is decals are peeling off especially front and passenger side, but the real problem is I noticed the rear wall seems to be delaminated from the substructure, and though I am not in the rv business, I know this cannot be a good thing. My unit is just over 13 months old , so out of warranty. My question is If I contact Keystone , and due the relative newness of this unit , does anyone think a possible remedy thru them is possible. I have been reading all the issues on this forum and get the sinking feeling that I am , as the old saying goes, " UP Sh## Creek , WITHOUT A PADDLE " so to say. Anyway if anyone has any suggestios please let me know . I am not bashing my unit, or Keystong, as I have throughly enjoyed it since my purchase , and this is the first problems I have encountered, and nothing last forever.
any help greatly appreciated,
Wayne

2007 F-350 Dually
2010 Copper Canyon
2011 Yamaha Raider ( just for the fun of it)

mhs4771
07-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. It can't hurt to contact them, but have you talked to your selling Dealer? Some times Keystone won't get involved until you have tried working with the Dealer first.

therink
07-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your issues.
I think a lot of your success depends on a) the validity of your issues (I dont doubt them) and b) the willingness of your dealer to go to bat for you

I have also had peeling decals on my front cap (2010 unit) but was minor, so I trimmed them up with razor blade and lightly coated trimmed decal edges with clear nail polish. Has lasted a while now. I have heard if Keystone sending decal replacements n/c that are out of warranty, but not covering labor
As far as rear delam, I thought I had it too, but after talking to others the slight waviness I have on upper rear wall is normal due to the way it is made (hollow rear wall versus solid sidewalls). If you do have delam due to water leak, a lot of the outcome for coverage will likely boil down to how well the caulked areas have been maintained. Just my opinion though.

Good luck.
Steve

rjsurfer
07-30-2011, 12:53 AM
The rear wall is not built the same way as the side walls, the're not a one piece compressed sandwich that sits firmly between the aluminum struts.

They simply hang the filon off the back and use the windows, panels and utility openings to make it "hug" the rear wall. It's very easy for waviness to appear when looking across the back.

Ron W.

JRTJH
07-31-2011, 08:56 PM
As Rjsurfer said, the rear wall on my Springdale is not laminated. The inner wall is stapled/glued to the frame, the outer wall is held in place by the big rear window and the moldings along the top, bottom and sides. I can't say that "all" Keystone RV's are made this way, but best as I recall, every one I've looked at on dealer lots is made like my Springdale. I don't think you have a problem there, check another similar model to reassure yourself. As for decals, lately a lot of people have contacted Keystone with fading/separation and their customer service has requested pictures to verify the problem and have sent replacement decals but not covered the labor to remove/install them. Nothing ventured, nothing gained....

Now, as for being "up the creek" Hold your breath, you'll eventually float downstream..... Be thankful you're not downstream without a paddle LOL

mikell
08-02-2011, 03:59 AM
Moisture can also be caused by your air conditioner running in high humidity. The inside of the walls can condense the water