PDA

View Full Version : Valve determination

Spinkboy
09-03-2018, 03:33 PM
So see the pictures below. This is on a 2019 Cougar 29RKS

I assume RED is for connecting to city water (hose) and supply water from there?

I assume Green is for filling tank?

I assume Black is for flushing black water? and can do that with the supply valves above.

Sorry for the dumb questions but no walk thru and my last RV just had a hose connection and the gravity tank fill.

Thanks

Spink

Terry W.
09-03-2018, 05:14 PM
It would be my guess the top one is to connect a short hose to suck antifreeze by the onboard pump to winterize camper. Middle is city water hook up and bottom is black tank flush.

Steveo57
09-03-2018, 05:30 PM
Wow who designs this stuff?

flybouy
09-04-2018, 06:10 AM
Questions are not dumb, but shame on the dealer for not at the very least doing a walk thru to explain the basic operation.

chuckster57
09-04-2018, 07:01 AM
Questions are not dumb, but shame on the dealer for not at the very least doing a walk thru to explain the basic operation.

I agree 100%. We don’t carry Keystone where I work, so I can’t say exactly what each is.

I would say that the bottom is black tank rinser, middle is city water, and top is a ??

Dhuhn
09-04-2018, 07:12 AM
For filling your water tank look around the back driver side of your rig there maybe a small door that has a fill port for your water tank. I believe the green is for winterizing your rig. Red is city water and black is black tank flush.

338RLKCougar
09-04-2018, 09:09 AM
TerryW is correct and the water fill is at the back driver side behind a small door. Just picked up a 2019 338RLK Cougar a few weeks ago and you have the same panels that I have on mine.

Spinkboy
09-04-2018, 07:58 PM
Thanks everyone it took 5 days just for them to do the clean up on the unit for pickup. The kid didn't know anything but how to amoral the tires.

larryflew
09-20-2018, 12:16 PM
I would only guess on the green do to the valves near it as being the antifreeze valve. Easy test, set valves to winterize and see if pump will suck water out of a jug.

W5WI
09-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Hello,

Red is the connection for the outside shower hose. You can see the two handles on each side of the connection for hot and cold settings.

AbHDToyHauler
09-20-2018, 01:03 PM
Hello,

Red is the connection for the outside shower hose. You can see the two handles on each side of the connection for hot and cold settings.

I think that RED you are referring is residual plastic that covered the outdoor shower outlet. The red arrow is what they are talking about. I personally would say Top is winterizing port (sucks out of anti freeze pail) , middle is for city water pressure and bottom is black tank flush. But horrible labelling on something that is quite important. WOW