PDA

View Full Version : Long term storage

66joej
08-31-2018, 01:10 PM
We are spending the month of Sept. on Vancouver Island BC and storing our TT there for 5 months Oct. - Feb. As we don't have high humidity here in Radium I was wondering what is the common method of storing on the Island or such an area. According to the weather it is a higher than normal humidity area (avg. 74%). TT will be in an uncovered RV storage compound, no electricity, sitting on gravel, winterized, batteries removed and tires covered. Thanks for any and all tips and suggestions.

Pull Toy
08-31-2018, 01:34 PM
With the relatively high average humidity of 74%, I would DEFINITELY buy several "Damp Rid" containers in the largest size I could find. It is not cheap, but beats the h*ll out of black mold! The beauty of Damp Rid is that it is a passive chemical desiccant that is safe and odorless, and will help to keep the moisture down in your interior spaces. I would place several throughout the camper, and leave all interior cabinets and closets doors open. Don't be surprised to see buckets of water in the tubs, when you return, This all of the moisture "bled" from the air in your camper. We've used them for years, and love them!

Other than that, the best advice I can give you is to plug all plumbing holes, and access points with aluminum foil wads, to keep critters out. It's lot cheaper than stainless steel scouring pads. Also Moth Balls will discourage critters too. Last time I used dryer sheets, mice made nesting material out of them after the smell faded.

Good Luck,

travelin texans
08-31-2018, 03:45 PM
Rather than moth balls, which would discourage me from going in also, pick up some Ramik Green pellets, it a pest deterrent not a poison, at Tractor Supply& scatter under & around the rv, had good luck using it all last winter.