PDA

View Full Version : Dexter E-Z Flex

JerJan10
07-28-2011, 04:03 PM
We just returned from a 7,500 hundred mile trip from Georgia to Utah, Idaho, etc. The 5er did great, no problems at all. But, there sure were some rough roads all along the way.

I would like to install the Dexter E-Z Flex equlizers to help the bouncing and such but I'm not sure if they will work on my RV.

My 2011 Keystone Copper Canyon 273FWRET seems to have EQ-356 TruRyde Equalizers. The axles are AL-KO (6000 lb) and are 33" apart.

According to the TruRyde specs, the spring shackle holes are 6 1/8" center-to-center and the frame mount hole on top is 2 1/2" center-to-center from the shackle holes.

The specsheet for the Dexter E-Z Flex Equalizer model K71-652-00 (for 6000 lb, 33" axles) shows a 5.70" c-t-c for the shackle holes and the top hole is 2.03" c-t-c from the shackle holes.

Since the Dexter seems to be a bit smaller that the EQ-356, I wondering if they would work.

Has anyone done the upgrade to Dexter and did the size difference affect the installation?

Thanks, JT (Sorry for the long post!)

rjsurfer
07-29-2011, 03:52 AM
Call Dexter's customer support or email them, they will get back to you.

My specs were a little different from yours and they told me exactly what would work and how it would effect trailer height.

Ron W.

campingcpl
07-29-2011, 09:25 AM
We installed the Dexter kit on our 2009 Sprinter that had AL-KO axles and really didn't have any problems but I also contacted Dexter first just to be sure everything would fit. The specs on our axles were almost identical to the Dexter specs.

JerJan10
07-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the replies, I will contact Dexter. I'm so accustomed to getting good information from the forum, I didn't think about contacting the manufacturer.