PDA

View Full Version : DW?

Tufelhunden
08-28-2018, 10:05 PM
I've seen many use the term DW. I'm presuming it's a term for the significant other but not sure exactly what it means. So I thought I'd ask. My guesses are Dear Wife or Designated Walker (For backing up) :lol: Okay I have no clue.

xrated
08-28-2018, 11:52 PM
Devil Woman! :D

spade117
08-29-2018, 03:42 AM
Dear Wife

^This is correct, but I like the below term as well.

Devil Woman! :D

JRTJH
08-29-2018, 06:46 AM
There is an extended, but not a complete list of acronyms and abbreviations that are fairly common on the forum. There are many others that show up from time to time. Some of them occasionally force some "head scratching" to figure out. For those, sometimes a "GOOGLE search" for the acronym will provide a link to the "GOOGLE Urban Dictionary" which goes well beyond acceptability for this "family rated forum"....

Here's the link to our forum listing: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449

Please note the bold statement at the bottom of the list. We try, for the most part, to remain a family forum. It's never acceptable to post controversial or vulgar terminology, even when it's "in an abbreviated or clandestine form"...:soapbox:

Tufelhunden
08-29-2018, 03:26 PM
There is an extended, but not a complete list of acronyms and abbreviations that are fairly common on the forum. There are many others that show up from time to time. Some of them occasionally force some "head scratching" to figure out. For those, sometimes a "GOOGLE search" for the acronym will provide a link to the "GOOGLE Urban Dictionary" which goes well beyond acceptability for this "family rated forum"....

Here's the link to our forum listing: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449

Please note the bold statement at the bottom of the list. We try, for the most part, to remain a family forum. It's never acceptable to post controversial or vulgar terminology, even when it's "in an abbreviated or clandestine form"...:soapbox:

I actually went looking for a thread like that but obviously failed. Thanks.

I also figured this was a family friendly site so will keep the Teufelhunden bottled up. :angel:

Xtjrp
09-16-2020, 12:48 PM
I've seen many use the term DW. I'm presuming it's a term for the significant other but not sure exactly what it means. So I thought I'd ask. My guesses are Dear Wife or Designated Walker (For backing up) :lol: Okay I have no clue.
I have always preferred to think of it graciously, as Devoted Wife, and Devoted Husband. LOL

flybouy
09-16-2020, 01:00 PM
You will also see EMS used regularly. It's stands for Electrical Management System.

NH_Bulldog
09-16-2020, 03:44 PM
You will also see EMS used regularly. It's stands for Electrical Management System.

FWIW, EMS could also stand for Emergency Medical Service if you upset the DW while backing your TT into a camping spot and you rack the front fender of your TV against a tree and blame it on her. YMMV.

flybouy
09-16-2020, 04:05 PM
FWIW, EMS could also stand for Emergency Medical Service if you upset the DW while backing your TT into a camping spot and you rack the front fender of your TV against a tree and blame it on her. YMMV.

Nope, that would be ME, Medical Examiner before going to the FHM (Funeral Home Motition) ! :hide:

LewisB
09-16-2020, 04:25 PM
Penny refers to me as DW...she says it is for "dim wit":hide:

Northofu1
09-16-2020, 04:30 PM
I thought it was designated wench

Huntme
09-16-2020, 07:19 PM
Definatly wooped,that's me and I call her the Boss.

Huntme
09-16-2020, 07:20 PM
or Deaf Women,because she Ignores me.

CrazyCain
09-17-2020, 03:08 AM
When the DW is getting under my skin, I only talk about my LD (Little Dog)..:lol::popcorn:

BrooksFam
09-17-2020, 03:15 AM
Its not good to use DW as dish washer when referring to the DW ………….