PDA

View Full Version : Utility shower water saver?

Abcd
08-26-2018, 09:00 AM
Hey
Of course with new campers they all have the water savers on the faucets. I usually remove them. I tried to remove it on the utility shower. But it wouldn't work. It leaks when I put it back together. Can you get bigger one, insert? Mine a 2. Plus there's really thin washer underneath it. Take that out and it leaked like crazy

chuckster57
08-26-2018, 09:11 AM
Washer has to be there. That will thread out of the faucet, take it out and drill the hole to a bigger diameter. DONE!!!

KeithInUpstateNY
08-26-2018, 09:12 AM
I've never done it, but it looks like you could drill the hole out with increasingly larger bits until you get the flow you want. Worst case scenario you have to replace it with what you currently have.

Abcd
08-26-2018, 09:29 AM
Thanks, wanted to double check before I did that

Abcd
08-26-2018, 12:04 PM
I had city water hooked up with pressure reducer. Once I tried the pump, I got lot more pressure

chuckster57
08-26-2018, 12:45 PM
I had city water hooked up with pressure reducer. Once I tried the pump, I got lot more pressure

Was it enough?

B-O-B'03
09-03-2018, 01:03 PM

Is the reducer one of the cheapo, solid brass, straight through units?

Those will significantly reduce flow rate, as well as pressure.

I bought an adjustable (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9QUEYZ/) unit, with a gauge and it flows more water as well as being adjustable.

It was definitely worth the money.

-Brian