PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Compartment Spaces

Laredo Tugger
08-24-2018, 01:50 PM
I was looking at my Laredo 350 FB in and around the main storage compartment. Particularly for places I could maybe hang some tools or equipment on the interior walls while making sure not to screw through a pipe,tank,hose or electrical line. I found an area behind a compartment wall (on the driver side just behind the water connection box) that was completely open and had solid flooring. There are two pex lines (red and blue) that may need to be rerouted or moved,but when done I will almost triple this compartments space. Shweeet mod!
Hey factory, What the hell man?
RMc

Tbos
08-25-2018, 07:47 AM
Glad you found some extra space. I’m confident my Alpine has some too. Just haven’t been motivated enough to look for it.

bob91yj
08-25-2018, 07:51 AM
I've got a compartment that is accessed through a trap door in the main closet. it's between the water heater on the driver side and an exterior storage compartment on the passenger side.

JRTJH
08-25-2018, 07:57 AM
Many "out of the way" compartments are built in and not advertised. They are considered "not talked about spaces" that owners can use to install a safe or combination lockbox to secure valuables. The fact that the factory doesn't identify these spaces in all the literature is really a "good thing" when it comes to keeping crooks guessing where things are stored..... Owners who post the locations of all these "hidden gems" on public websites for all the crooks to read... Well..... :facepalm: YMMV

bob91yj
08-25-2018, 11:11 AM
^^^^Good point!

ctbruce
08-25-2018, 11:19 AM
I was looking at my Laredo 350 FB in and around the main storage compartment. Particularly for places I could maybe hang some tools or equipment on the interior walls while making sure not to screw through a pipe,tank,hose or electrical line. I found an area behind a compartment wall (on the driver side just behind the water connection box) that was completely open and had solid flooring. There are two pex lines (red and blue) that may need to be rerouted or moved,but when done I will almost triple this compartments space. Shweeet mod!
Hey factory, What the hell man?
RMcHmmmmmm.......where did you say you lived?18216

Dave W
08-25-2018, 01:49 PM
Yep, for both points:whistling:

Laredo Tugger
08-25-2018, 04:56 PM
Plenty of places to hide valuables on these rigs.
If your not smart enough to find them, well..............

chuckster57
08-25-2018, 05:10 PM
I find free gifts from the factory all the time :D

gregrc75
08-28-2018, 08:00 AM
There was a blank panel under my stove. I removed it and there was nothing under there. I built a drawer in its place.

Sunnysidebeach
09-10-2018, 01:59 AM
I wish the factor would install a safe's in weekend rigs and couple safes including one that is fire proof in larger rigs.

chuckster57
09-10-2018, 03:13 AM
I wish the factor would install a safe's in weekend rigs and couple safes including one that is fire proof in larger rigs.

Big horn by Heartland comes with a safe in the front closet. Tiffen puts a safe in the rear closet in some models.

JRTJH
09-10-2018, 07:03 AM
Some "high end" Keystone RV's do come with a safe or provision for a safe. As the MSRP goes down, so does the selection of "extras".... So, by the time you get to the "low end units" most of those "extra goodies" like safes, automatic lights, remote control systems, self leveling systems and "thick, comfortable mattresses" are essentially eliminated to reach the price point.

Including a safe in "every trailer" would increase the price and I'd make a "WAG" that less than half the owners would want to pay for it. So, keep the MSRP the same, eliminate the safe, install a larger TV with that money and more buyers would be motivated to buy, not because they don't want a safe, but because they'd use the larger TV more than they would the safe..... It's all about supply and demand.....

Snoking
09-10-2018, 07:20 AM
Big horn by Heartland comes with a safe in the front closet.

Yeap! Got one! Chris

travelin texans
09-10-2018, 07:40 AM
Have one also! Not fire proof or tamper proof, but unless you know where it's at it would be hard to find.

JRTJH
09-10-2018, 07:45 AM
Have one also! Not fire proof or tamper proof, but unless you know where it's at it would be hard to find.

Which is why I suggested earlier in this thread that we not talk about locations of safes, which way the doors open and how to defeat the hinges on them..... I also won't tell you which side of the mattress I hide my pistol under... :cool:

fatcatzzz
09-10-2018, 07:51 AM
Which is why I suggested earlier in this thread that we not talk about locations of safes, which way the doors open and how to defeat the hinges on them..... I also won't tell you which side of the mattress I hide my pistol under... :cool:

X2:iagree:

wiredgeorge
09-10-2018, 07:54 AM
I park my ol' 96 F250 near my 2002 5ver and don't think anybody would think I had anything worth stealing. In fact I don't have anything worth stealing and don't think we need a safe... If I did have any money, I blow it on new junk for the rig. If I had a safe, it would likely go behind a panel that you had to unscrew to gain access to. Several of these in every trailer I think. Thank goodness I am broke all the time and no need to consider such things.

wiredgeorge
09-10-2018, 07:59 AM

I think folks in Texas hide their pistols on the night stand with one in the chamber but do keep the safety on so as not to the dog by accident. :hide:

JRTJH
09-10-2018, 08:55 AM
I think folks in Texas hide their pistols on the night stand with one in the chamber but do keep the safety on so as not to the dog by accident. :hide:

Yeah, that's where I used to hide mine (in the nightstand) until everyone on the forum started talking about "pistols in nightstands" and anyone walking into the trailer started looking toward the nightstand as they walked through the door... So, I moved my storage to the mattress. Now I guess I'll need to find another place since we're talking about hiding things under the mattress... First goes the safe location, then the lockbox location, then the night stand drawer, and now the mattress :whistling:

Pretty soon, I'll be safer just leaving it laying on the table covered with a towel... Oh damn, now that's out in the open too......:popcorn:

AbHDToyHauler
09-10-2018, 10:44 AM
I park my ol' 96 F250 near my 2002 5ver and don't think anybody would think I had anything worth stealing. In fact I don't have anything worth stealing and don't think we need a safe... If I did have any money, I blow it on new junk for the rig. If I had a safe, it would likely go behind a panel that you had to unscrew to gain access to. Several of these in every trailer I think. Thank goodness I am broke all the time and no need to consider such things.

HAHAHAHA:hornets: Spend it as fast as you can or they will just steal it.

AbHDToyHauler
09-10-2018, 10:44 AM
Of course I meant the Government ! LOL

RedBalloon
09-10-2018, 11:28 AM
I found this place called OrganizedObie.com that sells nets that create new storage space. We put their nets under the dining room seats on the walls and on the backs of the cabinet doors. https://www.organizedobie.com/Net-Pockets.

wiredgeorge
09-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Of course I meant the Government ! LOL

Hey WATCH IT! I worked for the Fed for 27 years and I was the guy who tested Microsoft Solitaire before it was deemed safe for public distribution. Or attended meeting... and more meetings. :lol:

Tufelhunden
09-11-2018, 07:46 AM
Yeah, that's where I used to hide mine (in the nightstand) until everyone on the forum started talking about "pistols in nightstands" and anyone walking into the trailer started looking toward the nightstand as they walked through the door... So, I moved my storage to the mattress. Now I guess I'll need to find another place since we're talking about hiding things under the mattress... First goes the safe location, then the lockbox location, then the night stand drawer, and now the mattress :whistling:

Pretty soon, I'll be safer just leaving it laying on the table covered with a towel... Oh damn, now that's out in the open too......:popcorn:

I just carry it, even in the undies. :lol: